starting strength gym
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Car for Sale: Contact me directly if you're interested

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson32 View Post
    Meh, my 2017 Silverado can tow up to 12,000lbs. I have no real need to pull anything bigger. I've 1500-2000lbs in the bed a few times. 20 years ago I would have agreed, but since I don't own livestock that I need to move around why would most truck owners need a 3/4 ton if it weren't for dick measuring contests?
    I can think of a few reasons:

Safety - pretty much sure I would be better off than the average car in a collision,

Elevation - I can see over you and your little Chevy,

Work - if you actually work a truck you'll find the shortcomings of most 1/2 tons quickly. Have you actually tried towing 12000 pounds in your truck?

Road Respect - Little cars/trucks get out of your way,

Dick measuring - Big truck, big penis

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Thats one way to find out if you have a limited slip diff and wear out the clutch packs.
    I had a 70's Vette that I used to drag race in a street legal class with the IRS. I beefed everything up and rebuilt the rear diff myself. I removed the springs in the Eaton limited slip and shimmed it tight so while it still operated as a differential it spun both tires when it broke traction at any speed. I had 500+ hp/torque going though that diff onto pretty sticky tires. I would do burn outs in 2nd gear to warm up the rear tires in the staging area. Had to feather the throttle for the first couple of gears to keep traction. Did this literally a couple hundred times. Never once had a rear diff clutch pack problem. The car was a (fast) pussy cat on the street too.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    How many times have you done it?
    Well I don’t own the car but would estimate over the last two years the car is wide open in any number of gears (usually 2 or 3) 10-50x per week or more without a single issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JimB View Post
    Well I don’t own the car but would estimate over the last two years the car is wide open in any number of gears (usually 2 or 3) 10-50x per week or more without a single issue.
    Wow! Jim that is really giving it a hammering, must be a good diff. I had a Charger back in the 1970,s with an open diff. I would line it up on the Zebra crossing (rubber in those days) and drop the clutch, that gave a pleasing squeal and left a single black track, no limited slip in those days. Of course you could over come the friction by smearing a little engine oil on the rear tyres, nice and smoky. I did not do it much, tyres were too expensive and I did not want the break the drive line.

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    I had a 70's Vette that I used to drag race in a street legal class with the IRS. I beefed everything up and rebuilt the rear diff myself. I removed the springs in the Eaton limited slip and shimmed it tight so while it still operated as a differential it spun both tires when it broke traction at any speed. I had 500+ hp/torque going though that diff onto pretty sticky tires. I would do burn outs in 2nd gear to warm up the rear tires in the staging area. Had to feather the throttle for the first couple of gears to keep traction. Did this literally a couple hundred times. Never once had a rear diff clutch pack problem. The car was a (fast) pussy cat on the street too.
    Hence the name "skid". Drag racing a production car is a bit expensive, things tend to break. Purpose built diffs are different I suspect, not that I know much about drag racing. But I do know the smell of burning clutch and smoking rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Mynhier View Post
    Dude, shut up! If Mark realizes how much we take advantage of him, he might stop being so generous. Oh, great, now he's looking our way. Damn it. Just keep your head down and look studious.
    Once he has run in his new vehicle and if I ever get to the fair city of Wichita Falls, he is going to let me take his ride up the local back roads for a bit of rat run, now that has to be generous don't you think considering that I broke the motor on my old Chrysler from over exuberance.

Quote Originally Posted by DashOfSalt View Post
    I wasn't confused. I thought it was a joke because the price is outrageous. Didn't realize it was yours at first glance. GLWS, it's worth whatever you can get for it, obviously.
    Someone with the money would gladly pay a little more for a car thats been taken care of

Quote Originally Posted by Diddyin94 View Post
    I remember last time you posted that you said you had two M6s, do you still have the other one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Sold the black one almost 2 years ago. The white one is still mine.
    Rip do you collect cars?

I'm going to guess that you got a black Mustang Shelby GT350

Next time he looks away, someone sneak over and top off his snifter. He'll go back to being ornery and forget how generous he can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-Panz View Post
    I'm going to guess that you got a black Mustang Shelby GT350
    It's a white Shelby GT500. I got some good advice about avoiding the cars that came out of the Shelby American plant in Nevada.

It's a white Shelby GT500. I got some good advice about avoiding the cars that came out of the Shelby American plant in Nevada.
    Awesome car, in fact somewhat similar to the hellcat. The 660 hp one? Any modifications planned - believe with that blower setup those cars can be made to produce +100 hp easily and inexpensively.

This car makes 550 at the crankshaft, maybe. It's been de-catted and re-pulleyed. No mods planned except cosmetic.

starting strength coach development program
    This car makes 550 at the crankshaft, maybe. It's been de-catted and re-pulleyed. No mods planned except cosmetic.
    That’s awesome. Must sound beautiful with the blower whine and exhaust combo. Enjoy!!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast