starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greysteel Podcast: Eggs.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you guys really want to add a wrinkle to your in shell egg prep, check out an immersion circulator (Sous Vide) cooker. Temperature controlled so elevation doesn't matter.

And you can do everything from pasteurize eggs in shell (and they still look raw), to soft boil with perfectly custardy yolks, to hard boil.

Quote Originally Posted by platypus View Post
    I haven't gone a single day in the last two years without eating at least three eggs. Usually around 6 a day, and sometimes as many as a dozen. Nothing horrible has happened.

I've naturally avoided mentioning this to my doctor, although I did get a battery of tests done when she found out I drink protein shakes. I don't recall the numbers but my cholesterol was normal, no red flags. Eggs rule. Especially when scrambled with breakfast sausage, or fried in bacon grease.
    Could be your whole diet is a low saturated fat? No junk food every week, not too much red meat, you have a normal weight, with a healthy lifestyle and an average heredity? Then three eggs a day is nothing special, it's even a good thing, I assume.

Could be there's nothing wrong with eggs at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Could be there's nothing wrong with eggs at all.
    Absolutely. Never said the opposite. And it's much better than eating one more Mc or Hamburger.

I read this thread yesterday and then watched the video. My stomach thanks you this morning for the 4 egg sunny side up, sandwiched between two pieces of wheat bread with some cheddar cheese on top. Yum!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
    Could be your whole diet is a low saturated fat? No junk food every week, not too much red meat, you have a normal weight, with a healthy lifestyle and an average heredity? Then three eggs a day is nothing special, it's even a good thing, I assume.
    At 5'10" and 231, so 40lbs overweight according to the Coast Guard. I calculate my macros once in a blue moon and usually around 40% of my calories on a typical day come from fat. I eat red meat several times a week, although the amount varies. 1-2lbs normally. Fast food once a week.

Far from role model lifestyle/nutrition, according to everyone I know. I'm young though, so many things that hurt old people probably don't hurt me.

I dunno, I manage 12 whole eggs a day in addition to a confessedly less-than-moderate intake of all kinds of fast food type shit, and have cholesterol within normal range, perhaps slightly elevated. This is obviously a singular sample size, but I'm still kickin'. For now.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFifty View Post
    I dunno, I manage 12 whole eggs a day in addition to a confessedly less-than-moderate intake of all kinds of fast food type shit, and have cholesterol within normal range, perhaps slightly elevated. This is obviously a singular sample size, but I'm still kickin'. For now.
    For now. I guess, you're young, under 45? It can explain a lot. Junk food increases the cholesterol, no doubt. Maybe not in everyone. But I proud of you being able to eat every day 12 eggs. I tried eating three, and almost lost myself. Not a big eater.

For now. I guess, you're young, under 45? It can explain a lot. Junk food increases the cholesterol, no doubt. Maybe not in everyone. But I proud of you being able to eat every day 12 eggs. I tried eating three, and almost lost myself. Not a big eater.
    Dietary cholesterol is not a large contributing factor to blood cholesterol.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Pluripotent View Post
    Dietary cholesterol is not a large contributing factor to blood cholesterol.
    Dietary CHOLESTEROL - isn't; dietary FAT(like the one from McDonalds and other junk food) - much more. Not everyone will have that influence, but even 25% difference can be crucial for an individual.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast