starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Older Men, Younger Women, Testosterone

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's been quite a while since I made what you would call progress. I have been training for 40 years, and I train to stave off death only.
    Having lifted with Rip I can tell you the Grim Reaper is a long way off. He's intense. He's graciously takes tips and comments. And above all he's a helluva strong guy. Just don't squat above parallel around him. It's like kryponite to his soul.

First we see the word dotage used here and now we see the word dotard used and (sadly) puzzled over by the MSM, who had to look it up.

Once again, making me suspect the Dear Leader of North Korea reads this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    First we see the word dotage used here and now we see the word dotard used and (sadly) puzzled over by the MSM, who had to look it up.

Once again, making me suspect the Dear Leader of North Korea reads this forum.
    They also mispronounced it, repeatedly. Even after someone corrected them. Ben Rhodes was right. They literally know nothing. But it's not just the Washington press corps, it's all of them. Echo chambers are not good for learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's been quite a while since I made what you would call progress. I have been training for 40 years, and I train to stave off death only.
    I have some good news, you don't have to die, you continue in strength forever. However you need different coach.

Those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

Isa 40v31

Thanks wal.

Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    I have some good news, you don't have to die, you continue in strength forever. However you need different coach.

Isa 40v31
    I can't wait to see Coach. I have some serious questions I want to ask.

Isa 40v31
    We'll have to get the Rabbi in here, but I'm pretty sure the original text in Hebrew wasn't referring to the ability to exert force over an external resistance.

If I'm wrong, are you saying that if I hope in the Lord, I'll PR my squat on Tuesday?

If I'm wrong, are you saying that I'll PR my squat simply by hoping in the Lorr

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
    I have a few questions of my own. However in the meantime I still need Mark's program at least to keep me functional. I know am over the hill somewhat, but I am not ready for the old folks home yet.

1Co 15:50-52 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
    Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all die, but we shall all be changed,
    in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kirkham View Post
    He might have some for you as well.

starting strength coach development program
    I have a few questions of my own. However in the meantime I still need Mark's program at least to keep me functional. I know am over the hill somewhat, but I am not ready for the old folks home yet.

1Co 15:50-52 I tell you this, brothers: flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.
    Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all die, but we shall all be changed,
    in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed.
    Wal does this occasionally. He means well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast