starting strength gym

Thread: Articles in other languages (particularly 中文)

Default Articles in other languages (particularly 中文)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Mark, I've really been appreciating the Chinese articles, that's not an easy translation job. How are you all gauging the reach of the foriegn language articles? Do the translators help with that?

For example in China we use completely different internet tools because of the oppressive goverment censorship. So Instead of google they use baidu.com, instead of facebook,we've got Wechat, and instead of youtube we've got youku (you're on there by the way). So said articles have to somehow make their way onto these channels.

My suggestion would be to get someone to put out a basic website in one of these languages and see how many hits such an endeavor can garner.

The Chinese articles are available on Wechat. Our staff in China handles distribution there.

I found them... and they did exactly that. Awesome, that makes reposting these articles way easier and prettier.

Are there any SS coaches in mainland China? I saw an article floating around on wechat once, and saw someone mention they're a SSC at the end of it, but it looked fishy. I haven't seen anyone listed as a SSC in China through the locator.

We have 2 coaches in Korea, and that's as close as we come.

Beware, as far as I know, the Starting Strength "affiliate" in China, i.e. the ones translating and distributing the articles is called Shanghai Strength Club, and they routinely abbreviate it to SSC, which -as you know- is also the nomenclature abbreviation for Starting Strength coach. Perhaps that is how the confusion arose.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks Rip and Ras. That makes sense, then it was just confusion on my part.