starting strength gym
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What sport replaces the NFL?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    My favorite pro sport is the NHL (I know, I'm odd) Hockey players are the toughest athletes, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You're right about MMA. Maybe the tame version of Hackey.

So you're helping kill it too. Your plan for monetization? Hurry, they can't wait on you much longer -- they're like the airlines.
    can't wait much longer? what's your time line on this decline then, if you're so sure "no doubt about it"?

Project runway? Drag queen roller derby? Competitive knitting? Best former NFL player in a dress?

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    My favorite pro sport is the NHL (I know, I'm odd) Hockey players are the toughest athletes, IMO.
    Except for athletes who literally fight for a living.

But what replaces it in the media economy? They killed it -- what do they have in mind to replace it? Ballet? Rhythmic gymnastics?
    I think are giving too much credit to the media. Forethought? Just watch the Emmy's, the Academy Awards, or other such lubefests. They are more interested in advancing their agenda. Hollywood is also taking a beating in terms of revenues. Has it changed what they are promoting and doing? Not quite yet.

I don't think it's hockey or soccer, due to not enough scoring (although hockey is pretty exciting in person if you're sitting near the ice). Great plays in both hockey and soccer most often go completely unrewarded, which I think reduces the interest in the action. MMA is too violent for mass appeal, and I would think the concussion issue will be found to be as bad as in football.

Does MMA have the appeal, or will it be an existing team sport that changes seasons? Cause the NFL is toast.
    NASCAR and hockey for me. I grew up going to stock car races and watching it. I turned football off 2 seasons ago and now find it boring when I try to watch. The disrespect from the players is just more of a reason not to watch.

College rugby and lacrosse have replaced it for me, pretty much. Professional Lacrosse is useless, though.

The NFL isn't going anywhere. I've never been wrong before.

starting strength coach development program
    Most NFL players are used to being treated differently, as though they're "special."

It's going to come as a huge shock to them when they realize that their "specialness" only extends to their ability to entertain people, rather than make political statements.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast