starting strength gym
Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What sport replaces the NFL?

Default What sport replaces the NFL?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Does MMA have the appeal, or will it be an existing team sport that changes seasons? Cause the NFL is toast.

I would think soccer. Maybe we can get them to lift some weights?

I just posted Karwoski's 1,000x2 on Facebook. Let's. Do. It.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Arnold View Post
    I would think soccer. Maybe we can get them to lift some weights?
    It would help if they were bigger athletes. Visual appeal and so forth.

Suspect you're right about the NFL. Looks like the former players who commentate and the networks are closing ranks with the protesters and Goodell the commissioner. I've been a big NFL fan since growing up with the Vince Lombardi led Packers. Very sad, but I will not be watching anymore as long as the disrespect of our country and flag continues.

That, plus the concussion thing, and the disdain for testosterone across society at large means it's done pretty soon. No doubt about it. But what replaces it in the media economy? They killed it -- what do they have in mind to replace it? Ballet? Rhythmic gymnastics?

MMA definitely has the appeal. I've seen it grow exponentially in the past 5 years. Especially with stars like Conor McGregor, there's no telling how far the sport can go.

It's almost as though Goodell is oblivious to what is going on inside and outside the NFL and doesn't want to recognize the consequences of trying to accommodate the splintered mass of SJW's who view football as one of the things wrong with America. Many of the players themselves seem not to realize they are disemboweling the future of the sport they made their own income from. It's all seppuku with a butter knife.

The replacement? Not MMA, and for the same reasons as the marginalization of wrestling and weightlifting in the Olympics. Too many sweaty people who identify as males. Perhaps hockey? We could become ever closer to our Canadian neighbours, eh?

You guys are higher than giraffe pussy if you think the NFL is in trouble, especially over some bs Trump is peddling on twitter. Decline in ratings can be almost exclusively explained by fracturing of information gathering. I can follow the games without ever turning on the TV, just by looking at my phone. Interest is still sky high. They just need to figure out how to monetize it better than simple advertisement blocks which I am sure they are capable of.

The concussion issue is a bigger long term drawback, but it's certainly nowhere near "on the way out" due to it.

starting strength coach development program
    You're right about MMA. Maybe the tame version of Hackey.

Quote Originally Posted by DashOfSalt View Post
    Decline in ratings can be almost exclusively explained by fracturing of information gathering. I can follow the games without ever turning on the TV, just by looking at my phone.
    So you're helping kill it too. Your plan for monetization? Hurry, they can't wait on you much longer -- they're like the airlines.

Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast