starting strength gym
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: What sport replaces the NFL?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I think a lot of the people who are "boycotting" are similar.
    I haven't missed a Seattle Seahawks game since 1978 or so, unless I was gone hunting for a few weeks. They haven't simply pissed me off, they have lost me forever. Period. I won't be going back to the Seahawks, nor the NFL, ever. Piss in my cheerios and I'm done with you. Unfortunately, they filled my bowl. Not another dime from my household.

It's funny that people are so angry about the kneeling . Most players stand, and many NFL players, coaches and executives are vocal down-the-line conservatives. You are going to hurt them too.
    God, I hope so. It isn't about left or right, it's about right and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by XTanuki View Post
    Don't forget the "These guys are serious athletes! Do you realize how hard they train to make all 2000 of these left turns?"
    You have never been on a track and obviously don't know a thing about racing.

Two questions and one statement.

Why the results of a race not random?

Why do teams pay so much for drivers?

You really should get on a track to understand that you operate a car, but you don't actually know how to drive.

I love to see the owner's get embarrassed and lose money like this - that's what they get for having no spine and letting their employees act like uneducated clowns.

The funniest thing about this situation is we get to see retards like Lebron James give his opinion and try to be a moral authority – like anyone cares about his intellectual insights ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post

I'm especially surprised that a libertarian such as yourself would not be all for demanding accountability for police officer behavior.
    I think everyone demands accountability for police officer behavior despite what your political beliefs are. The real issue is the left trying to make it seem as if white cops hunt black people, which is not true as seen by the statistics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy King View Post
    Bring back lingerie football.
    LFL man

Quote Originally Posted by Oldster View Post
    God, I hope so. It isn't about left or right, it's about right and wrong.
    I'm sure it is, which is why you didn't watch the NFL prior to 2009 when they started having teams stand on the field for the National Anthem.

You're also super pissed about all the bad flag etiquette, like fans wearing the flag, or waving the flag and letting it touch the ground.

No flags presented flat (giant flag held by "troops"). No flags as part of athletic uniforms. No flags as advertising. No flags on disposable items (e.g., napkins). No flags as clothing.

United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10

Which is why, of course, that you have long boycotted the NFL and other sporting events. Wait, you didn't?!!?

Say it ain't so!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I think are giving too much credit to the media. Forethought? Just watch the Emmy's, the Academy Awards, or other such lubefests. They are more interested in advancing their agenda. Hollywood is also taking a beating in terms of revenues. Has it changed what they are promoting and doing? Not quite yet.
    I missed this gem.

9/10 of the top grossing films of all time were made after 2008(let's call this the OBUMMER ERA).

You're right, their current SJW-fest doesn't seem to be working out too well for them.

This has it all
    YouTube

Some thoughts (I'm sure many here will disagree vehemently and that's fine):

While I understand why many feel that the protests are disrespectful to armed services members, the national anthem is not the military's theme song. It represents, and belongs to, the whole country. Many people feel that the promise and message of the song are not fulfilled, or extended, to all equally. If you think that they should keep it out of football that's fine, but in that case the NFL should not be forcing players to engage in these displays of patriotism as a part of their jobs. The propaganda is a little heavy handed for my taste (and yes t is fair to call it propaganda, considering that it is government-funded for recruiting purposes). The other side of leaving politics out of sports means that we don't need jet flyovers and giant flags for every ball game.

There is racial inequality in the USA. One or even two generations of de jure equality cannot erase centuries of terror and slavery - that's just logical. We are moving in the right direction certainly, but the experience is different, and for reasons unrelated to economic status too.

E-sports (electronic gaming) is already becoming the next big 'sport'. The rate of growth and demographics involved make it very attractive to advertisers.

Quote Originally Posted by DashOfSalt View Post
    I missed this gem.

9/10 of the top grossing films of all time were made after 2008(let's call this the OBUMMER ERA).

You're right, their current SJW-fest doesn't seem to be working out too well for them.
    Yet the metrics seem not to support your assertion.

2017 Summer Box Office Revenue Down 10 Percent From 2016 | Hollywood Reporter
    Summer Box Office Suffers Historic Decline in U.S. | Hollywood Reporter
    Summer Movies: Box Office Revenue Is the Worst in a Decade | Fortune.com
    Hollywood is suffering its worst-attended summer movie season in 25 years - LA Times

Any splinters from the seat of that gypsy wagon making their way to something important yet?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by DashOfSalt View Post
    I'm sure it is, which is why you didn't watch the NFL prior to 2009 when they started having teams stand on the field for the National Anthem.

You're also super pissed about all the bad flag etiquette, like fans wearing the flag, or waving the flag and letting it touch the ground.

No flags presented flat (giant flag held by "troops"). No flags as part of athletic uniforms. No flags as advertising. No flags on disposable items (e.g., napkins). No flags as clothing.

United States Code, Title 36, Chapter 10

Which is why, of course, that you have long boycotted the NFL and other sporting events. Wait, you didn't?!!?

Say it ain't so!
    This is my favorite children's argument on this issue.

Nobody is actually mad about the players breaking some silly rule.

People are mad about an act of disrespect, which is what the players are making. They are saying that America sucks because [inset BS reasons about imaginary systemic racism here].

Even if their indictments carried any water, it would hardly warrant disrespect of the country. It would warrant disrespect of the police, but like always, the cry bullies never address the actual police (aside from the sniper in TX) or even do anything practical even...like use their millions to take actual political action or to educate people or anything whatsoever that wasn't just acting like punk bitches and virtue signalling.

A beautiful woman in a flag bikini is demonstrating her love for the country by doing so...and I salute her.

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast