starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Gallon per day: Liquid milk vs Dried Powder Milk

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You believe that bovine growth hormone is biologically active in humans?
    Might explain the horns......

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You believe that bovine growth hormone is biologically active in humans?
    My mistake, I was falsely remembering the mention of BGH in Nutrition and Bodyweight portion of SS 3rd Ed. IGH-1 is the hormone, not BGH. And a quick google search reveals that IGF-1 levels are not significantly changed.

I should have pulled the book out before replying, apologies!

Quote Originally Posted by BigViffer View Post
    I believe that natural bovine growth hormone is not present in powdered milk. Or rather, any milk product that has had the water removed and reduced to a powder medium. The rBGH may still be present though. I do know that many of the health reasons people drink milk are neutralized during the manufacturing of powdered milk.
    This is straight bullshit. Google spray drying and explain to me how misting a liquid into a hot air tube destroys the macronutrients.

If, by the way, that we're true, we'd all be in trouble because whey protein is sprayed dried too.

starting strength coach development program
    I prefer powdered whole milk to fresh milk now. I have an Amazon subscription to Nestle Nido whole milk powder. It allows me to make it up more concentrated than fresh milk. I have between 400 and 800 grams of the powder a day, which equates to 3 to 6 litres equivelent fresh milk, but with about half that volume made up. I find it's such an easy way to get 2000-4000 calories and 100-200 grams of protein on top of my meals. If I could afford it, I'd have more as I'm stuck at a bodyweight of 104 kg / 228 lb.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12