starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: October: Roast pork, apples, and grog.

Default October: Roast pork, apples, and grog.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Fall is my favorite time. It's not 104 anymore in Texas, in Colorado the aspen leaves are finishing up, and things are just lovely.

Roast pork recipe:

Get a 6-8 pound Boston Butt (shoulder roast), salt it a little, put it in a roasting pan in the oven at 225 overnight. In the morning it's ready. Easiest thing in the world.

Apples are just coming in. Buy non-boring kinds that you've never heard of before, and eat them with yellow cheese. Quarter the apple, put a slice of cheese on it.

Grog is 1 part Pusser's Navy Rum, 3 parts water, 1 part lime juice. A man's drink for manly men.

Thank you for these. I will have to give these a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fall is my favorite time. It's not 104 anymore in Texas, in Colorado the aspen leaves are finishing up, and things are just lovely.
    Would you say that more Texans look forward to winter rather than summer?

I don't know. I know some people that like it hot.

The best things in life for me have all happened in Autumn:

* I met DB in October and a couple of years later married her in that month. Our 40th anniversary is coming up shortly.
    * OD was born in late Autumn some 12 years later. Took a lot of practice before we got it right.
    * As in TX, the heat would break in IL. I could play football to my best level of potential instead of suffering through the misery of a lingering Summer that hung on too long and two a days.

Pork is ambrosia of the Gods. Albeit rib tips are the ultimate best of the best. Especially when you can eat the spongy ends of the bones. Very paleo. The Old Man loved applesauce with his pork chops. I hate fruit of all types other than avocados and tomatoes. Since they generally seem to me to be vegetables, I cut them some slack. Monolithic logic is not always a virtue. So sue me.

Grog now. Arrrgghhh matey! Hearts of oak and men of iron.

The cheese and apple intrigues me, what's your favorite pairing?

Winter's where it's at. Hopefully we'll have a foot of snow on the ground by the time you arrive for the seminar, Rip. It'll cover up the shell casings littered across the streets of Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by djoksimo View Post
    The cheese and apple intrigues me, what's your favorite pairing?
    I don't pair them. I just eat them at the same time. I like the driest Colby cheese I can find with any hard apple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

Roast pork recipe:

Get a 6-8 pound Boston Butt (shoulder roast), salt it a little, put it in a roasting pan in the oven at 225 overnight. In the morning it's ready. Easiest thing in the world.

Apples are just coming in. Buy non-boring kinds that you've never heard of before, and eat them with yellow cheese. Quarter the apple, put a slice of cheese on it.

Grog is 1 part Pusser's Navy Rum, 3 parts water, 1 part lime juice. A man's drink for manly men.
    I wonder how the pork butt would be in a crockpot with said apples. Perhaps I shall give it a try and report back.

starting strength coach development program
    In your opinion, how do pork and beef compare to each other?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast