starting strength gym

Thread: Nick Delgadillo SSC: Post-Surgery Shoulder Rehab

Default Nick Delgadillo SSC: Post-Surgery Shoulder Rehab

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Great article. Not clear on whether or not Bre continued with regular physical therapy after the surgery or just bagged it and worked through it in the gym using the SS shoulder protocol.

She did physical therapy once a week, I believe. They had her squeeze some play-doh, pull on some bands, and iced her shoulder.

Timely piece. Thanks, Nick!

I'm 66 and 3 months post-surgery. Torn, retracted RC tendons, bone spur, labrum and frayed biceps tendon looked like a mop according to the orthopod. Damage was such that he had to cut me open.

I started pressing and dead lifting at 6 weeks.

I digress.

Rip, like so many others, I'm fascinated with your shoulders. I've scoured old posts, watched your vid 3X, and surmise the RATE of LP is whatever one can handle? Even for pressing?

I could be wrong. I've been wrong before; just ask my wife. But I feel like I should LP pressing at a more conservative rate in order for the repair to completely set (around 9-12 months per my orthopod). But what do I know?

Thanks again.

If you go "too fast" but don't hurt yourself, what possible bad outcome is there? You get too strong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If you go "too fast" but don't hurt yourself, what possible bad outcome is there? You get too strong?
    I had a good friend here start bench pressing 5 days after a distal clavicle excision. The only precaution was that he wore a white shirt in case his sutures started bleeding. 4 months post-op, he has increased his PR bench press 30# and benched 305 for an easy single today.

starting strength coach development program
    Asked and answered.

Thanks, Rip, Will.