starting strength gym

Thread: Weekend Archives: Dr. Ken Leistner: West Coast Impressions

Default Weekend Archives: Dr. Ken Leistner: West Coast Impressions

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Not directly related to this article, but I remember seeing Henry Rollins on Bill Maher's show wearing a shirt that said "Dr. Ken's Strength Training." I'm pretty sure that's a reference to Ken Leistner.

It is the same Dr.Ken that Ripp is posting. Rollins wore the same shirt when he was on Howard Stern . Henry lifts HIT style.

Dr. Ken was a big part of the HIT brigade which included Stuart McRobert, Matt Brzycki, Tom Kelso, Brooks Kubik, Drew Baye among many others. I don't keep up with it so I don't know if it has maintained as strong a following as in years past.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Dr. Ken was a big part of the HIT brigade which included Stuart McRobert, Matt Brzycki, Tom Kelso, Brooks Kubik, Drew Baye among many others. I don't keep up with it so I don't know if it has maintained as strong a following as in years past.
    He was, but I never quite understood why. I think, like McRobert, that he did it for a while and then moved on. McRobert was a huge critic of sets to failure in his works because of his own wasted time with it and from what I could discern of Leistner, he was a multi-set old school guy. I followed HIT routines myself for some years and while they weren't a complete waste of time, they didn't get quite the results I was after. McRobert introduced the idea of microloading to me. As I recall, Rip himself has referenced and credited McRobert in some past writings. His biggest drawback was the hardgainer mindset. Something else Leistner never espoused. His thing was hard work under the iron.