starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting BIG to get VERY strong

Default Getting BIG to get VERY strong

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi, I am 157, 5'11, and 16 years old. I want to get big in order to keep being a novice for a long time.

I want to be 275, 308, or even a SHW, as I have goals in Powerlifting. I want to pull at lest 700, bench 400-5 something and squat like 650 at least.

They say, "There are no weight classes in the jungle". I just want to be as big and as strong as my body allows, both relatively, and absolutely.

Before my questions Mark, I want to say that I am very excited about getting stronger! Thank you for your valued information, you are highly respected.

So, can I get that big? Can I stay that big with 15-20 bodyfat? Are my lifting goals achievable in those weight classes? And which weight class would be great, 275, 308, or SHW?

Thanks Mark, and for all of your help!!

If your primary concern is bodyfat, you will never get that big. If your primary concern is strength, you will get huge at a reasonable bodyfat%.

What is considered reasonable body fat? I would guess less than 30% but I'm kind of fluffy.

I'd consider that young man would be in good body comp at 5'11" at 265 and 16%. The OP probably thinks he needs to be below 10%, thus the problem.

Ah to be 16 and a novice. What I would give for that.

Quote Originally Posted by ehcundiff View Post
    Hi, I am 157, 5'11, and 16 years old. I want to get big in order to keep being a novice for a long time.

I want to be 275, 308, or even a SHW, as I have goals in Powerlifting. I want to pull at lest 700, bench 400-5 something and squat like 650 at least.

They say, "There are no weight classes in the jungle". I just want to be as big and as strong as my body allows, both relatively, and absolutely.

Before my questions Mark, I want to say that I am very excited about getting stronger! Thank you for your valued information, you are highly respected.

So, can I get that big? Can I stay that big with 15-20 bodyfat? Are my lifting goals achievable in those weight classes? And which weight class would be great, 275, 308, or SHW?

Thanks Mark, and for all of your help!!
    So what happens if Mark tells you it's impossible? Will you not even start your journey and stay as a 157 5'11 skeleton/Twink? Just get started and see how far you can go, the numbers you're talking about won't happen for a minimum of 5 years + if they even do happen considering life, injuries and your motivation all changing. Best of luck get started on eating and lifting.

I am not afraid of getting "fat" anymore. The only thing that matters is strength to me at this point, and being able to pull 700 lbs. Jordan feighnbaum told me to get to 400 lbs and then cut if need be. Might as well get huge.

Might be wrong but theres a considerable chance you got trolled by Dr feigenbaum. Especially considering the layout of your question

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I'd consider that young man would be in good body comp at 5'11" at 265 and 16%.
    Seems unrealistic, without drugs.

1-in-a-million genetics, maybe.

starting strength coach development program
    Yes, 20% would be more realistic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast