starting strength gym

Thread: Biceps tendon subluxation

Default Biceps tendon subluxation

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I️ had an old, old injury and after years of MRIs they finally decided to operate. Surgeon did arthroscopic ‘cleaning’ of the AC joint to take care of the scar tissue and an open procedure and cut the biceps tendon (to repair the inflammation) and reattached below (outside) the AC joint. My question is do you have experience with any athletes that have had this surgery and if so-have they been able to return to lifting heavy again? I’m only 3 weeks post surgery at this point

Thank you

Keith

Never of heard of it. We'll ask.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVO14 View Post
    I️ had an old, old injury and after years of MRIs they finally decided to operate. Surgeon did arthroscopic ‘cleaning’ of the AC joint to take care of the scar tissue and an open procedure and cut the biceps tendon (to repair the inflammation) and reattached below (outside) the AC joint. My question is do you have experience with any athletes that have had this surgery and if so-have they been able to return to lifting heavy again? I’m only 3 weeks post surgery at this point

Thank you

Keith
    Sorry to hear that. I had surgery on both supraspinatus muscles and my right bicep tendon still gets really pissy and its been 3 years. I did not have a subluxation injury as far as I know but I was told it had to be 'rerouted'.

Good luck

Replying only to the biceps tendon, I have had both mine cut and re-attached. I am 53 and both were done in the last 3.5 years. The only effects I have had other than cessation of pain is my biceps are a little more peaked.

I have no idea if mixed grip might be a problem but between two rotator repairs and the biceps repairs I am happy to be conservative and DL with straps when needed. It's still heavy. The real benefits of DLs aren't lost because I use them.