starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Good Morning America FB Feed: Ann Pulls 91 kg at USSF Fall Classic

Default Good Morning America FB Feed: Ann Pulls 91 kg at USSF Fall Classic

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Some good news for a change: Greysteel's Ann Buszard, age 76, is getting a little viral.

WOW: 76-year-old woman amazes spectators... - Good Morning America

Excellent exposure. Did they contact you?

Karl Schudt took this video and posted it; they contacted him.

ANother media company has contacted me and I'm supposed to do an interview tomorrow.

Other video here:

Amazing! Beautiful! Shared!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post

ANother media company has contacted me and I'm supposed to do an interview tomorrow.

Other video here:

Good lifts. I especially liked how both Carson and Ann stuck with their lifts even when they weren't gonna make it to lockout. That's a testament to toughness that even some younguns don't share. Hope all goes well in the interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathon Sullivan View Post

Other video here:

Explaining this phenomenon will be difficult for them to understand. I wouldn’t be surprised if they state “ super human strength” as the reason they could lift this weight. DL and squats with proper training couldn’t have possibly lead to this....right?

Can't wait to read all of the comments about how these two are too old to be training this way.

Awesome, Sully. Great work. Just sent to my parents. Mom has been training with Emily for about 6 months or so and loves it. Dad (you met him in Baltimore on your book tour (back/neck injury) has had one session with me at my house a week ago (couldn't convince him to go to the gym yet but I don't want either of them as clients I can assure you) and finally seems willing.

Quote Originally Posted by tww1313 View Post
    Explaining this phenomenon will be difficult for them to understand. I wouldn’t be surprised if they state “ super human strength” as the reason they could lift this weight. DL and squats with proper training couldn’t have possibly lead to this....right?
    The majority of people who see it will react that way, but as of this morning more than 200,000 people have seen it. Some of those will understand.

I love how there was no narration on their Greysteel video. What more could words add to watching this great performance?

I watched Ann's 3rd attempt deadlift first. So, when then I saw her 3rd attempt press, I honestly assumed she would grind through to lockout on that, too.

2 obviously dedicated, well-coached athletes.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Mund View Post
    Can't wait to read all of the comments about how these two are too old to be training this way.
    My favorite so far was the poster who was shocked, shocked, that there was nobody there to spot this poor old lady's deadlift.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast