starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Training Log: Chase Lindley's 330 Press

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by teddyd View Post
    Looking at that, it begs the question, why do a number of other SSC's suggest more complicated programming for intermediates with different intensities (RPE or % or whatever), different volume (back of sets etc), and different equipment (chains)?
    An excellent question. I don't know.

Looking at that, it begs the question, why do a number of other SSC's suggest more complicated programming for intermediates with different intensities (RPE or % or whatever), different volume (back of sets etc), and different equipment (chains)?
    Because it looks and sounds cool.

Hey Chase,

What your diet like right now? Do you have one go to meal you usually eat every day?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseLindley View Post
    That’s the only reason I train that way myself. I live to be cool and confusing. [emoji4]

Well that, and all of that other stuff works too. It may be more complicated and have more accessories such as chains or whatever, but it can help someone press a good amount of weight as well.

Congrats on the lift by the way, very good stuff.

Chase's program looks a lot like a split routine heavy/light or volume/intensity model in PPST3 under the intermediate section. Of course there is a change to focus on the press leading up to the competition in addition to squat and deadlift. I would have thought Chase is an advanced athlete.

It probably comes down to some perceived need to modify the stress with variables other than static weight (as opposed to chains, bands, etc), frequency, and volume - as if those variables are insufficient to tailor the stress with high enough resolution.

Where are you getting that SSCs are providing complex programming to intermediates? I personally am not being coached, but listening to barbell logic and barbell medicine, and through reading Andy baker's stuff, intermediate programming doesn't appear to be complicated until folks are in late intermediate.

Basically, they all seem to think that one should keep programming simple until they cannot.

Referencing your comment about RPE, does anyone actually program it in the intermediate phase? It seems to be more of a write down your RPE so you understand how it works.

Your claim seems baseless from my perspective.

As far as I understand these things, (probably not but still gonna shitpost) chains and other variations are good for dissipating fatigue but still training heavy.

RPE and percentages, while being subjective, are there to regulate a process. If we see training as a process then we should regulate it because every good process or a system needs regulation through some feedback loop. This is what they teach at universities where there is some serious type of engineering going on.

However, Chase is obviously a hardworking beast and has been surrounded by great coaches with great experience. So given the circumstances, Chase probably does not need the "silly" stuff and is sufficiently entertained without the nice lookin' chains.

I hear it's all in the jeans. Haven't figured out if the price of those jeans matter at all, though. I'll continue my research and inform you all at a later date.

starting strength coach development program
    I eat a shit ton of grilled foods (steak, porkchops, ect..) i try to grill out four days a week and do a "cheat meal" on Wednesday and the weekends; i just dont care about the nutrients i just want food at the point. So i get about 140 grams of protein in my supper alone which is just meat and the occasional side here and there when I cook. I need to be bigger but at that point eating becomes a chore and that doesn't sound fun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast