starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Training Log: Chase Lindley's 330 Press

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Chase, with what weights did you start your LP with?

I started with around 15kg, maybe a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Article
    I’ve never met anyone who can press 330 lbs before Mr. Lindley. You haven’t either.
    False. I've met Reese Hoffa.

Quote Originally Posted by JimtheConquerer View Post
    Where are you getting that SSCs are providing complex programming to intermediates? I personally am not being coached, but listening to barbell logic and barbell medicine, and through reading Andy baker's stuff, intermediate programming doesn't appear to be complicated until folks are in late intermediate.

Basically, they all seem to think that one should keep programming simple until they cannot.

Referencing your comment about RPE, does anyone actually program it in the intermediate phase? It seems to be more of a write down your RPE so you understand how it works.

Your claim seems baseless from my perspective.
    The Bridge?

I amwondering the reasoning behind the change in upper lower split to the mixed upper lower 4 day split leading up to the competition. I know it is to allow more focused effort toward the Press but what is the thought on the Squat and deadlift ... keep them the same just on different days or are you pushing them harder because of less stress per day?

Thanks

I switched them to an upper body/ lowerbody type split because it was very stressful on my lower back when trying to do volume on squat and intensity deadlift and vise versa. If your going to do them on the same day make sure its not to taxing to where you cant recover by the next intensity day of the squat or deadlift and probably throw in a deload week about 3/4 weeks of running the split routine.

Amazing press Chase! What is the longest break you've had from training, and looking back, is there anything you would do differently regards to your training?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseLindley View Post
    I eat a shit ton of grilled foods (steak, porkchops, ect..) i try to grill out four days a week and do a "cheat meal" on Wednesday and the weekends; i just dont care about the nutrients i just want food at the point. So i get about 140 grams of protein in my supper alone which is just meat and the occasional side here and there when I cook. I need to be bigger but at that point eating becomes a chore and that doesn't sound fun.
    How much do steak and pork chops go for in Texas? A piece of beef bottom round here costs like $6 Canadian Pesos here.

Chase = Thor. The 330 press is cheating.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast