starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slower Progression for an Underweight Male

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    There is a section on this in Practical Programming but the basic answer is to gain weight fast and do the program. I would recommend a GOMAD (gallon of milk a day), broken up into 5-6 20oz servings with three whole meals as well as supplementation with whey to get up to 200g of protein.

I was 135lbs and 6'1" this time last year and currently 210 right now. You just have to eat a lot and train. If you eat enough then you will not have to taper the program in any way.
    That is some awesome progress

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Dude, sometimes you just have to dive right in, consequences be damned. Quit this dipping your toes in the water to test the temperature stuff. The worst thing that is going to happen is you are going to get bigger and stronger.
    Thanks for the tip, i'll stop obsessing over the small stuff and just do the program.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    You can do it, man. Just stick to it. Give it a few months at least, work through the problems, and you'll be very happy with the intended and unintended consequences.

You're going to need a small shovel for all the peanut butter that's going to go into your face.
    Thanks man, yea i'm sticking to it no matter what for 5-6 months, or however long it ends up taking. And yea last night i was eating peanut butter out of a bowl while drinking my milk. Definitely one of my go to snacks.

starting strength coach development program
    I was 5'9" and 116 pounds when I was 19 years old. I'm 50 now and weigh 240. Anyone who saw me now would likely not believe that...me included. Just start the damn program and keep working through any hiccups that come along (they always do). Just keep pushing and you will NOT believe what the program will do for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12