starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Journalism in the 21st Century: Intelligence is apparently a disqualifier

Default Journalism in the 21st Century: Intelligence is apparently a disqualifier

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

They always surprise you. But the more people I meet the more I see the point of this type of journalism.

Ah, all ye just wait for when they discover Nessie in Scotland. Geraldo Rivera will be chewing his mustache in frustration.

Hurling, is it not clear that nothing "reappeared" here, and that this is the point?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Hurling, is it not clear that nothing "reappeared" here, and that this is the point?
    Sea monsters, Rip. That and the sad state to which journalism has devolved.

Apples-to-apples would be the National Enquirer. Rational Wiki: After the sports section, and page 3 topless features, birdcage liner.

There are other expressions of Journalism.

Yes. The New York Times. But to their credit, they published this today:

What if Ken Starr Was Right? - The New York Times

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    Apples-to-apples would be the National Enquirer. Rational Wiki: After the sports section, and page 3 topless features, birdcage liner.

There are other expressions of Journalism.
    Yup, never went further than page 3 as a kid

I love me some journalism bashing, but this is The Sun you're referencing, Rip. UK newspapers in general are to be avoided, The Sun in particular. It's the Buzzfeed of the UK if Buzzfeed lacked the sense to mask their disdain for other people behind shallow writing and pointless lists. And while both media platforms have displayed shameless human behaviour and grossly unprofessional journalistic practices (cf the Hogan tape and the scandals leading up to the creation of IPSO), I have to say that The Sun is still the greater of two evils. It's pretty close and you have to squint your eyes to really see it, but once you see it, it's hard to consider other outlets as comparably or equally base.

For example, immediately to the side I saw an article entitled "celebs go naked" with nearly uncensored imagery of some lady completely nude by a swimming pool. Meanwhile CNN and others spent hours discussing the media coverage of leaked nude photos last year, lambasting one another if they dared host any of them. I'm sure the situation is dissimilar because I clicked on the article and apparently she did it for some video, but the blatant manner of means in which the article is presented and the story covered, as well as the comments you get to read under it, does more than just shit on the idea of hosting celebrity nudes as indecent conduct; it's almost insulting to witness were it not for the fact that I have come to expect no less from the black hole of journalism that is The Sun.

starting strength coach development program
    I thought it was The Guardian that was the piece of shit. Imagine a country of that small size with 2 pieces of shit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast