starting strength gym
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I have failed as a father.

Default So I have failed as a father.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    For the life of me, my kid just cannot get in that low bar position.

So if you must squat or you are a pussy, should he just get the bar up on his lats keeping it over midfoot? At least until he figures it the fuck out?

I spent an hour at the rack the other night, he just isn't able to do it. I think he has weird geometry keeping him from getting the bar down low enough.. my crude measurements are that his wingspan is 4 inches longer than his height would suggest.

It's probably his coach. Where do you live, and how old is Junior?

I would believe that the lats are quite low indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's probably his coach. Where do you live, and how old is Junior?
    Most likely

15 NJ near Philadelphia.

Shit.. I meant traps not lats... sorry

This came up in the Facebook group; the consensus was a visit with a SSC would likely clear things up in short order. A suitable coach was located relatively close by for a once-a-month or so visit.

You're in a great position to go see some SSCs. My recommendation would be to call one of the coaches near Baltimore or New York City and ask to be taught the four slow lifts for both you and your son. Pay them whatever they ask for. It's worth it.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Bill, you should know by now that it is the mother’s fault. She is to blame for this. Just make sure your next wife can squat with good form, and then you can be fairly certain of the offspring. You are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
    Shit.. I meant traps not lats... sorry
    Yeah probably the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    You're in a great position to go see some SSCs. My recommendation would be to call one of the coaches near Baltimore or New York City and ask to be taught the four slow lifts for both you and your son. Pay them whatever they ask for. It's worth it.
    I can vouch for this. I live in Northern Delaware and drive to Fivex3 in Baltimore every so often for a 2 hour form checkup of the big 4 lifts. It's a great deal and there's lots of good restaurants around the gym for sweaty protein eating when you're done. Coaching for the Starting Strength Method | Fivex3 Training - A Starting Strength Gym

starting strength coach development program
    I was trying to think of a way to isolate as many variables as I could, and take my shitty coachedness out of it. So when we got to the gym, the Smith Machine was set up for a seated smith press... i made sure the bench was perfectly centered.. I had him put his feet out to form a solid base. Told him to put his pinkies on the rings and unrack the bar.... boom his entire pelvis was shifted to the right with his head on the right 1/3 of the backrest part where the bench folds up into a 90 degree agle... no weight on the bar

Not sure if this is something he can work through or need to get a front end allignment from a chiro..

Getting the HBS set up symetrically was a bitch.. but we racked the bar facing the mirror, which helped, when attempting LBS we racked it not facing the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulmo11 View Post
    I can vouch for this. I live in Northern Delaware and drive to Fivex3 in Baltimore every so often for a 2 hour form checkup of the big 4 lifts. It's a great deal and there's lots of good restaurants around the gym for sweaty protein eating when you're done. Coaching for the Starting Strength Method | Fivex3 Training - A Starting Strength Gym

I don't think there is any form to check.. he can't seem to fucking do it... he can barely get his body in the right position to high bar squat. I'm a pretty broke assed dude, with no time off for a road trip to balt LOL

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast