starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ask Rip #58

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rdcoast_slope View Post
    You can keeping telling yourself this but it’s not going to save the practice. These undergrads are paying big bucks so they can graduate and actually learn what they need to know at post graduate seminars? Both fields, as a whole are laughable. Yes, there are good people in both, it has a lot to do with individual training. I would like to see chiropractic and OP PT go to self pay services only. It would be interesting to see how long some of these clinics would stay open. I think patients would still return if it wasn’t just feel good stuff and placebo, don’t you? People pay for lasik eye surgery out of pocket because it works. I wonder if this would be the same for these two fields?
    I don't understand your rant, and I'm not going to ask you to explain yourself because I'm not sure you can make sense of it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    The basic premise of your argument would be that PT is useless for everything but palliative modalities and placebo effects, right?
    I think self pay across the board for OP PT would greatly test their usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by JHG View Post
    I don't understand your rant, and I'm not going to ask you to explain yourself because I'm not sure you can make sense of it either.
    Sorry if it comes off harsh, but watching good people get poor treatments by "professionals" is hard to do.

Sorry if it comes off harsh, but watching good people get poor treatments by "professionals" is hard to do.
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your profession?

You’re not harsh, your post is just nonsensical and inconsistent. In your view, both professions are laughable but do have some qualified individuals, by your standards, which have yet to be determined, and these qualified individuals would then be deemed worthy, in your eyes, if they were able to operate cash only practices. You then attempt to support your argument by making mention that Lasik eye surgery, an elective procedure that is not covered by insurers, works, and in turn suggest that PT and DC services should only be cash based. Guess what, wearing glasses works too! It is less invasive and more cost effective. There is a range of treatment options open to health care consumers.

What makes you think that the funding model dictates the success of a practice? As Will mentioned, he knows several PTs in cash practice that are very successful. As for me, I only ever ran cash practices and operated 3 different facilities concurrently.

It seems your logic and deductive reasoning skills are flawed. May be you’re a little jaded or upset about something and are here to vent. If that’s the case, that’s totally fine, vent away. But if you are interested in engaging in a useful discussion regarding this topic, I urge you to try to make rational arguments to support your point of view so that we can all learn in the process.

In order to focus your argument, what is your specific problem in regard to this discussion? Do you have beef with these professions as a whole or are you mad because you didn’t get along with the PTs you worked with? Or do you have a problem with a specific treatment modality(ies)?

starting strength coach development program
    I don't have a profession. However, I have been in and out of the PT world,worked alongside many well educated PT's too. My analysis comes from my experiences in the system and what I see come from the practice. I think other professions have gone through the same scrutiny, but PT has slipped under the radar. I think this organization has done a good job at pointing out their faults along with others in the medical field.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12