starting strength gym

Thread: Kirk Karwoski: 20 Seconds

Default Kirk Karwoski: 20 Seconds

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Great information in this little video. I hadn't quite thought about it before in the sense of the concentration that was needed and also how the lift starts really when you walk into the rack not just when you get under the bar. Even to the point of the same hand grabbing the bar first every time. Its all about the mindset. I tried allot of what was mentioned this morning at the gym while on the road. I can imagine you have to concentrate even more when you go outside of the norm to train somewhere else in a different gym.

Great stuff Rip and team. . .keep em' coming!

Sparky

Kirk, What a legend

Great video.

HAVE A PLAN.

I watch a lot of baseball and you see this same approach with all high level players and something I have been working with my 12yo with in regards to approach. The at bat doesn't start when you step into the batters box. Its starts the moment you pick up the bat in the on deck circle and focus on the pitcher. Almost every batter does the same exact routine before each pitch.

This video helped me change my entire mental process back when it came out. The way he describes kicking the door in when he gets to the gym makes you realize you probably aren't getting fired up enough haha. Great lecture, I bet seeing it in person was epic.