starting strength gym
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Ed Coan Advice

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You and I understand that, Alex. This is merely an opportunity for some people to participate with righteous disagreement. For example:

Where did I say Ed would be offended? Ed is a very nice guy, a gentleman in every sense of the word, and I know he would not take offense. I merely said that such behavior toward him would be offensive. Perhaps it's the subtle language barrier here.
    On a forum that you would think would select for some sort of intelligence, there are so many vocally unaware of their own ignorance.

I ran into Bill Walton today at the airport. I felt like I needed to challenge his vegetarian diet which clearly contributed to all his injuries and a diminished career.

Probably not.
    I hope one day you do some more. The SS series interviews are some of the nicest ones I've seen. Most normal interviews are just mindless drivel or typical boilerplate "what sets and reps do you do" questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    unaware of their own ignorance.
    Kind of the definition of it, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Ptacek View Post
    On a forum that you would think would select for some sort of intelligence, there are so many vocally unaware of their own ignorance.
    In the field of psychology, the Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias wherein people of low ability suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their cognitive ability as greater than it is. The cognitive bias of illusory superiority derives from the metacognitive inability of low-ability persons to recognize their own ineptitude; without the self-awareness of metacognition, low-ability people cannot objectively evaluate their actual competence or incompetence.
    Dunning–Kruger effect - Wikipedia

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Is Ed known to be a violent asshole, or mentally retarded?

If not, I see no harm. He might present a counter argument. He might reflect and keep an open mind. He might say "interesting opinion, but my personal experience says otherwise".

I say have some courage and integrity. If you have good reason to believe you're right, then don't be scared to defend yourself, so long as you do it respectfully and with an open mind.
    I think he's an avid practitioner of Wing-Chun or something. So he might punch you 50 times in 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanusaurus View Post
    I think he's an avid practitioner of Wing-Chun or something. So he might punch you 50 times in 3 seconds.
    He lightly punched me in the shoulder. I felt threatened and immediately reported him to the authorities.

If I were the greatest powerlifter of all time (possibly even the greatest strength athlete of all time) and gave somebody advice on technique and training I'd expect a blow job.

Minimum.

From Alex?? Are you sure?

starting strength coach development program
    From Alex?? Are you sure?
    Jesus Christ.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast