starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ask Rip #60

Richard Feynman was a great answer. I would have dinner with Christopher Hitchens, Carl Sagan, and Sam Harris.

Feynman, Sam Harris, and Terrence McKenna.

Peter Drucker. Best mind for business, innovation, and entrepreneurship I ever had occasion to read.

Hitchens, Wordsworth, and Shelley. Shelley and Wordsworth fundamentally disagreed about Romanticism proper during their lifetimes, so I'd want to see them discuss it in a way that only casual conversation allows. Hitchens would probably shut up until needing to speak up and enjoy the discussion in the meanwhile. And order more wine.

Don't you think it's kind of funny that you said "Spock" as an answer, but then call Jesus imaginary? Wait a minute, is Spock real?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

I'm sure it's no substitute, but the house special at Keen's Steakhouse in Manhattan is their mutton chop, a double rib specimen with a bit of the belly meat and fat attached, served with au jus, sauteed escarole, and house-made mint jelly. The fucker weighs in at 28 ounces or something. They don't dry age it, but they keep them in the steak fridge so there's a whiff of funk on them. Distinctly excellent from a singularly great restaurant, not just a steakhouse. Very good whiskey and scotch selection as well, with W.L. Weller and Willett on the menu.

Speaking of steaks, in these parts in the NY metro area, we see 28 day dry aged as the baseline offered at the major steak joints, e.g., Peter Luger, Smith and Wollensky, Wolfgang's, etc. You do see several of the very good non-steak restaurants in the area serving a 40-90 day aged large-format cuts, generally for two. Delmonico's offered a 180 day dry aged ribeye special this past summer in celebration of their 180th anniversary.

The Europeans are surprisingly doing some really great things with beef these days. I'd point anyone who's interested to "Steak Revolution" on Netflix.

Quote Originally Posted by spacediver View Post
    Feynman, Sam Harris, and Terrence McKenna.
    Sam Harris, Christopher Hitchens, Mother Teresa, Ben Shapiro, Terrence McKenna. I have to have 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Peter Drucker. Best mind for business, innovation, and entrepreneurship I ever had occasion to read.
    How is your business coming along as a result?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Don't you think it's kind of funny that you said "Spock" as an answer, but then call Jesus imaginary? Wait a minute, is Spock real?
    I watched Mr. Spock on TV. Where did you watch Jesus?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I watched Mr. Spock on TV. Where did you watch Jesus?
    Have you watched any of Discovery or the Orville?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast