starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Silicon Valley versus Wichita Falls

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Tim Ferriss just moved to Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lutz View Post
    You know that this die-hard Californian (me) is slightly crazy, spends way too much money to live here, and could move out of state but still won't, so keep that in mind, but really, people--- Tim Ferriss? Why are people reading his stuff or even talking about his craziness? Also in defense of the Silicon Valley, powerlifting is growing pretty quickly in this area and the greater Bay Area even has a high number of SS coaches. So it's not ALL bad.
    Why wouldn't there be more interest in Powerlifting and an increase in SS coaches.....the State has over 40 million people.

California is full of secessionist movements and Federal nullification.....no better or worse that South Carolina prior to the Civil War.\\

California is corrupt and wasteful beyond compare. Let's look at the bullet train.....corruption, delays, cost overruns and new taxes to the tune of 100billion dollars . The only recourse is more sales taxes....already 10 percent.

http://beta.latimes.com/local/califo...106-story.html

There are a lot of better places to live these days..... California is driving out it's middle class. However, I can say with confidence that foreigners will easily make up the shortfall. the UT just threw out the Chinese propagandists Confucius Institute but the UC and other State systems gladly take PRC money.

I will bet that California will be the first, if not one of the first states to license fitness professionals. Speaking of "license"...the California DMV is now required to automatically register as voters anyone who presents for an ID or drivers license. You must actively opt out if disinclined. How difficult do you think it is to get an ID?????????

Ms Lutz...I am sympathetic to your love of State. Like I said...third generation Californian , but the congestion, bureaucracy, and constant drum beat of Progressive politics and totalitarian mind set....is taking it's toll.

As a lifelong Californian I have a love/hate relationship with the state. Take Santa Barbara or anywhere on the central coast as a microcosm. I can’t think of many places in the world (that I’ve visited at least) that rival this place. It’s goargous and it has all the California beach vibe without all the shit that comes from LA or SF. Unfortunately the only people that can afford to live there with any quality of life are very wealthy people from LA! Everyone else is either a university student (that was me) or someone who serves the wealthy (waiters, gardeners, etc.), all of whom crowd in tiny shitty apartments.

That’s California: parts of it are nice but it’s unattainable to any regular middle class family. My property value and income would be very comfortable in almost any other part of the country, but here I feel broke for some reason. Add to that the shitty politics and worldview of my area and I’m done.

I’ll be headed out of state this year for a better life for my kids. Honestly I think any parent in this area who thinks their kids will have a better life than the preceding generation is a damn fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.T View Post
    Tim Ferriss just moved to Texas.
    No!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimidasprinkla View Post
    As a lifelong Californian I have a love/hate relationship with the state. Take Santa Barbara or anywhere on the central coast as a microcosm.
    OK, having lived in Santa Barbara (and Goleta) I know about that love/hate thing. I moved to Arizona to go to school since I didn't want to live in the bushes with the rest of my classmates at UCSB and SBCC. Tucson has as much beach vibe as Santa Barbara, but without the actual water... LOL

Santa Barbara, where they think they live in Montecito. Goleta, where they think they live in Santa Barbara...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnys View Post
    What computers were “made” in Cali? My state can claim Eniac/Sperry/Burroughs/Univac and Sinclair...
    Not that they made them per say, just that Silicon Valley provided the medium for technological advancement with the computer as we know it today.

Is it Maryland? I love Maryland. Humid as hell in the summer, but perfect sperry weather indeed

Quote Originally Posted by misterponytail View Post
    OK, having lived in Santa Barbara (and Goleta) I know about that love/hate thing. I moved to Arizona to go to school since I didn't want to live in the bushes with the rest of my classmates at UCSB and SBCC. Tucson has as much beach vibe as Santa Barbara, but without the actual water... LOL

Santa Barbara, where they think they live in Montecito. Goleta, where they think they live in Santa Barbara...
    And more gilamonsters

Goleta’s just jealous because they’re not fancy like that.

At the back of Ferriss' first ear-tickling, fame-making paeon to self centeredness, he explains in detail how to appear to be - and convince people who matter that you are - an expert in a subject. The entire explanation for how such a pretender came to be thought of as insightful is right there in his own book and nobody thought to consider he might be using that technique vs just recommending it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Been View Post
    At the back of Ferriss' first ear-tickling, fame-making paeon to self centeredness, he explains in detail how to appear to be - and convince people who matter that you are - an expert in a subject. The entire explanation for how such a pretender came to be thought of as insightful is right there in his own book and nobody thought to consider he might be using that technique vs just recommending it.
    Exactly. Bleh. Bleh, Bleh.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Been View Post
    The fact that so many people are eating it all up just shows how desperately they are trying to improve themselves through shortcuts instead of honest and hard work, a realistic linear progression. Standing back up with a new weight on your back every other day crushes any doubts and fears. No bullshit. The spirit and method of progression you develop in the weight room can be applied to other aspects of your life. It doesn't need to be sold. It's self-evident for anyone who's doing or done the program.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123