starting strength gym

Thread: Physical activity with pelvic lock during pregnancy?

Default Physical activity with pelvic lock during pregnancy?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi,

My pregnant girlfriend has started to experience symptoms of "pelvic lock", and is experiencing some discomfort. Much of the info online states that she should take it easy. Some sites even say that doing physical labor will make it worse, and that you should avoid the movements that are painful. Because she has read this, she is hesitant to start with training again. She has not been training for the last 3.5 months because of constant nausea.

Had this been "normal" back pain, then I would have felt confident that training would help. But this is a structural change in her body, where stuff is "losening" and prepares for birth, so I have absolutely no idea if training will help with her pain.

Do you have any knowledge about this (or some of your colleagues who have trained pregant women)?

I know that if you talk her into training again, and there's a problem with the pregnancy, I would not want to be your sorry ass.

Gonna second Rip's thoughts. It's 9 months, sadly there exists a statistical probability that something may happen. If Rip was to say go for it and something happens then you both look like scum. She's got the rest of her life to worry about getting stronger.

Thank you both for what is probably sound advice I will not talk her into anything. I was just curious as to if this "Take it easy" advice for pelvic problems during pregnancy held the same merit as the "Take it easy" advice for back pain.

I don't know, and I don't care. Do not put yourself in this situation.