starting strength gym

Thread: Why Screw With the Program?

Default Why Screw With the Program?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have known Mark for almost 2 years now and I dont have to tell anyone on these forums the depth of his knowledge. What I cant help but wonder is why people continuously ask him "what if I change this"......or "what about if I substitute this lift".....or "what if I dont drink that much milk". People, the bottom line is DO NOT SCREW WITH THE PROGRAM. How many times does he have to say "get your knees wide, get your ass back and dont let your knees move forward at the bottom of the squat"? Do as he says....do as it is written.....and quit fucking around. If the program is to squat 3 times a week and to drink a gallon of milk a day and to NOT add any accessory exercises, then dont think you are going to help yourselves by altering the regimen. You waste his time, you waste your time, and neither of those things are productive.

Damn...

I agree. I have seen blogs about how great Rippetoe's advice/workouts are, but then the people inform us that they have decided to add additional pullups and ab work to the routine. Also, subbing rows for power cleans, bad idea. If I spent the money on two if Rippetoe's books and then not follow what he says I would feel stupid, not to mention his high amount of knowledge in the subject. People are used to lifting the way they normally have; such a habit can sometimes be difficult to change.

Frankly, I don't know why this hasn't been said sooner. In fact, it shouldn't even have to come to this point. I really just don't understand it.

But can I drink one half gallon of whole milk, and one half gallon of 2% milk, instead of a whole gallon of the same type milk? Which would give me better gains?

Quote Originally Posted by JPC View Post
    But can I drink one half gallon of whole milk, and one half gallon of 2% milk, instead of a whole gallon of the same type milk? Which would give me better gains?
    IV whole milk, and squeeze the IV bag before and during workouts for optimal amino acid delivery.

starting strength coach development program
    I'm only in the gym for 30-40 minutes... this program can't possibly work.