starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Under The Bar Film

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfromphoenix View Post
    I don't know.. The idea of filming Coach Sullivan's masters athletes while they train for USSF sounds like a story that would sell to me. Can't you imagine the third act in the film when the subjects finally pull well over their own body weight at nationals! Leftist film makers love money... nobody loves money more.

But maybe you are right--maybe its just us that find it interesting.
    We are Narrowcasting. Sorry, but this is the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If you think that documentary film producers are in the business of helping people other than fellow leftists, you are not paying attention. The fact that this is interesting to us is not part of their calculus. Inna's project was prompted by her cultural scenario in the Five Towns, and the barbell training angle is a secondary factor for the filmmaker.
    I would have to agree substantially with Rip on this one. Documentary filmmakers have agendas by definition. Agenda driven "art" is primarily practiced by those with leftist leanings...if not outright leftists. Of course there are exceptions.

I don't know what exactly was the agenda of this film maker. I would bet he had something in mind other than a "conversion on the Damascus Road". I am sure Inna had her own reasons, if nothing more than to promote her business, that would be fine. But I don't believe that was her sole motive at all.

I wonder how far and wide you'd have to roam in order to find a documentary filmmaker who was center right? It's basically a form of video journalism, a craft already hijacked by the Left.

My wife, who also trains SS, was very impressed at the ability of Fraidy to braid a challah in record time....in addition to her 200 lb squats.

starting strength coach development program
    This is very cool. Congratulations, Inna.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12