starting strength gym

Thread: Shoulder issues

Default Shoulder issues

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I know I'm new here and you typically don't respond to a. new people, and b. people that aren't verified, but after using Google and the search function on the forum I didn't happen to turn up any information that could help me and I'm hoping you could.

Tiny bit of back story:
    On the program for 5 weeks(I Know) went from 155 to 230 in the squat so thank you so much for that.

Overhead has progressed nicely as well, but I think I injured it laying in bed, reaching behind me and moving my girlfriend's annoying yorkie off the bed in the middle of the night on Friday 16FEB. Acute shoulder trauma springs to mind without sounding like a complete child. I distinctly remember a pinching(not exactly painful) sensation in my sleep fogged state right in the upper-middle of my right scapula(I know its not super scientifical). I stopped, reset, moved the dog and went back to sleep with no issues but over the past few days the area has become increasingly tender and there has been some "tension and tenderness" right at the bottom of the scapula as well as the top of the trap areas. The tenderness is more medial, which I know doesn't jive with the gleno-humoral position. All of this is throwing me way off.

Like I said it seems like an "acute" and one-time injury, but my worry is obviously the overhead progression and safety as well as the shoulder position with the LB squat. I've pressed some things single handed over my head with no issues, but they weren't particularly heavy.

Sorry for the long write-up, but I'm wondering, should I just see how warmup goes or try to get the lift as planned? Any additional information would be great and if its as simple as me missing something in a forum or Google please tell me and I'll do my best to re-search.

Thanks so much for your help and over-abundance of information.

You'll be fine. Train. And kill the fucking Yorkie and get her a pet jellyfish, so she has to keep it in a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    You'll be fine. Train. And kill the fucking Yorkie and get her a pet jellyfish, so she has to keep it in a tank.
    Beatings happen pretty much hourly until behavior improves. I don't really give a shit about morale.

Thanks for the response! I definitely wanted your input before I had to get a new primary care physician when mine tried tell me its the overhead.