starting strength gym

Thread: Bicep Tendonitis Workaround

Default Bicep Tendonitis Workaround

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey coach, I haven’t recovered yet from my tendonitis, probably from squat grip, and today I had to cut my workout short due to pain. I couldnt even bench.

My question is, since the front rack position is imposible for me right now, could I just switch back to deadlifts with a light day as with the squats, or maybe use power snatches to maintain power?

Also, I read somewhere in the forum that you recommended high reps 90 degree bicep curls for two weeks. I thought this protocol was directed to muscle belly tears, does it also work well for tendonitis?

My recommendation has never been curls. High-volume chins is how we've had the best results for elbow tendonitis. Look it up on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    My recommendation has never been curls. High-volume chins is how we've had the best results for elbow tendonitis. Look it up on these boards.
    It was back in 2009, the case was a proximal bicep tendonitis.

Where is your tendonitis?

Quote Originally Posted by Drcustals View Post
    Hey coach, I haven’t recovered yet from my tendonitis, probably from squat grip, and today I had to cut my workout short due to pain. I couldnt even bench.

My question is, since the front rack position is imposible for me right now, could I just switch back to deadlifts with a light day as with the squats, or maybe use power snatches to maintain power?

Also, I read somewhere in the forum that you recommended high reps 90 degree bicep curls for two weeks. I thought this protocol was directed to muscle belly tears, does it also work well for tendonitis?
    Inzer XT elbow sleeves work wonders for peri-elbow tendon pain.

Proximal biceps, feels like anterior shoulder pain, hurts also around the level of the brachioradialis in the distal humerus.

Proximal biceps, feels like anterior shoulder pain, hurts also around the level of the brachioradialis in the distal humerus.
    You didn't specify, distal is far more common (I said "elbow" in my reply), I recommend the chins.

It was back in 2009, the case was a proximal bicep tendonitis.
    Holy shit, that is some impressive internet policing right there. People are reeeeeally invested in messing with you.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cavallari View Post
    Holy shit, that is some impressive internet policing right there. People are reeeeeally invested in messing with you.
    Yeah, it's irritating.