starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 inch belt for DL

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm an Irish man in London. Can anyone recommend a source for a 3" bel in the UK

I’m Canadian and I was born with a long waist, but I’ve always identified as short-waisted on the inside. So I am informing all of you that you must refer to my 4-inch belt as a 3-inch belt at the gym. And if you try to avoid the subject of belt size in conversation, there will be legal consequences.

Thrash I’m also Canadian, and I think the law protects you as a person and how you identify as long or short waisted. Your belt would enjoy no such protections. However, if YOU identified as a weightlifting belt, then yes we would have to acknowledge such an identity provided that the belt was genderless, or gender fluid , and of course non cis.
    Sadly, I am not making this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Cavallari View Post
    Long waists matter.
    "Rong raists matter." Now THAT'S racist and waistist.

Hi. I actually carry two belts, a 3 inch for deads and a 4 inch for squats and presses. I just carry them around in my small gym bag, which also includes fractional weights and 2.5 lbs plates (because they are elusive as a white whale at my gym).

Hi Kim, I'm not sure about the anthropometry of Korean individuals but I don't notice the majority of Asians I coach in my gym having long trunks/short limbs. It's a relatively even split of long trunk/short limbs, short trunk/long limbs and "equal" trunk/limb individuals. Asians generally tend to be smaller in stature and would benefit from using a 3in belt for all their lifts like some of the lifters in my gym.

With that being said, most individuals would find that a 4in belt doesn't fit very well during deadlifts. If you find that it's hard to set your back in a 4in belt or if it cuts into your hips/ribs, get a 3in belt.

Quote Originally Posted by thras View Post
    I’m Canadian and I was born with a long waist, but I’ve always identified as short-waisted on the inside. So I am informing all of you that you must refer to my 4-inch belt as a 3-inch belt at the gym. And if you try to avoid the subject of belt size in conversation, there will be legal consequences.
    Is this because of the metric system?

Maybe I should save up some money and buy a 3-inch belt. (The original plan was to buy a good 4-inch belt.) The bad thing is that there is not a good belt shop in Korea. Does anyone know a good store?

Quote Originally Posted by David Lee View Post
    Is this because of the metric system?
    No. We must acknowledge that you can identify as a 3" belt and/or a 7.62mm belt. We must ask so as to not assume your preferred pronoun.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim Hanjin View Post
    Maybe I should save up some money and buy a 3-inch belt. (The original plan was to buy a good 4-inch belt.) The bad thing is that there is not a good belt shop in Korea. Does anyone know a good store?
    Did you try Amazon.com? I assume that, if they deliver to me in Brazil, they must deliver to you in (hopefully South) Korea as well. It will be more expensive due to tax and shipping, but you can find a lot of good 3 inch belts there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast