starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frequent Injuries

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by autumnal View Post
    We can't get the answer, unless someone takes the bait. In that spirit I offer the answer, "Because we were told it warms you up and increases mobility!"
    It doesn't not warm anything up, and if mobilidee is adequate, why does it need to be increased?

Quote Originally Posted by Espen Lund View Post
    I'm not saying everyone needs to stretch. I was under the impression it can be beneficial some very inflexible individuals, and a waste of time for others. The reason I asked was because I was not aware of that it could aggrevate injuries.
    Stretching is a complete waste of time for most people. Those who train generally do not need to stretch because the training itself produces the requisite mobility needed. Stretching can most certainly aggravate injuries, which is why static stretching is going the way of the dinosaur in the physical therapy world.

starting strength coach development program
    Stretching can muddy position sense too. This is one reason why order of exercises can be important in some individuals, eg squatting or deadlifting after heavy benching in those with excess flexibility.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12