starting strength gym

Thread: Sully presenting at the 5th Annual Senior Festival on April 12th, 2018

Default Sully presenting at the 5th Annual Senior Festival on April 12th, 2018

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip,

The Clarke County Sheriff’s Office is proud to sponsor Dr. Jonathon Sullivan’s participation in the 5th Annual Senior Festival on April 12th, 2018, from 8 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. at The Winchester Moose Lodge, located at 215 E Cork Street Winchester VA, 22601.

The Winchester/Frederick/Clarke County TRIAD S.A.L.T. (Seniors and Law Enforcement Together) Council is hosting the event and anticipate over two hundred attendees. In addition to Dr. Sullivan’s presentation on Physical Fitness as We Age, there will be expert guest speakers on topics including: fraud/scams, dementia, safe-keeping Rx medication, Project Lifesaver, and more. A few copies of The Barbell Prescription: Strength Training for Life After 40 will be available for sale.

RSVP SHERRY RILEY (540) 336-7106 Deadline March 30th

I hope we can fill the room for you.

This sounds like a great event! Have you considered inviting the prosecutors from the local state attorney’s office? The ones who specialize in crimes against the elderly? If you haven’t I highly recommend it. I chaired the elder section of our local bar association for a number of years. I always believed that a discussion with them brought some
    of the greatest value. After years of reporting elder abuse and exploitation with no satisfaction, it’s worthwhile to establish a dialogue with the people who will (or most usually) will not be pursuing these charges. This is great for those in the medical fields as well. What are they looking for to bring these cases to the courts? What statutes are they applying? Florida has a special statute for the exploitation of the elderly, but it’s never used here. Why? Because it’s easier to prosecute under the simple theft statutes, fewer hurdles. What do they need from you to establish a good case? What kinds of crimes are they seeing most frequently? What are the hardest crimes to pursue? Etc... I’ve also invited the local judges to be present, even if for no other reason than to sit and listen so that they’re made aware of our challenges.

Jennifer,

The Office of the Attorney General, along with The Winchester Police Department, The Winchester City Sheriff’s Office, The Frederick County Sheriff’s Office and The Clarke County Sheriff’s Office are sponsors of The Winchester/Frederick/Clarke County TRIAD S.A.L.T. Council.

Thank you for your interest and your post.

This is very interesting. Do you know if there is such an event held in Texas, or how I could find out?

I know there is no such event being held in Texas.

Rip,

Sully did a superb job presenting in front of about 300 people today. It was a packed house filled with members of our senior community, law enforcement officials from multiple jurisdictions, representatives from VA State Senator Jill Vogel’s Office and the VA Attorney General’s Office, multiple senior citizen centers and a variety of service providers to the elderly.

The organizers told me they received multiple calls asking about Sully specifically and when he was going to present. Sully traveled hard to make it here, was exceptionally well received, and I greatly appreciate him.

starting strength coach development program
    Wouldn't have missed it, John. It was my honor to come. Thanks for the invitation.