starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barbell Logic review and discuss Jordan Peterson's new book.

Default Barbell Logic review and discuss Jordan Peterson's new book.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Thanks Matt and Scott. Really enjoyed this one.

What are the chances of getting JP on the podcast? He's been making the rounds on lots of different ones lately. I'm sure it would be an interesting discussion, especially since he's promoted strength training in the past.

I second that notion.

Thanks for this podcast. I had never heard of Jordan Peterson before and after listening to your podcast I went down a bit of a youtube rabbit hole, and this is an awesome dude! Now we just need to get him squatting.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa09 View Post
    Thanks Matt and Scott. Really enjoyed this one.

What are the chances of getting JP on the podcast? He's been making the rounds on lots of different ones lately. I'm sure it would be an interesting discussion, especially since he's promoted strength training in the past.
    I'd say those chances are not very good. We'd love to have him on the show.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Jordan does an amazing job of speaking sense during this time of political correctness gone crazy and governments are passing laws mandating what words people can use.

he'd be that much more persuasive if he could deadlift 415 though.

I discovered him when watching that interrogation (it wasn't an interview) with Newman and I was amazed at how well he handled her, and how easily it was done. I wanted to be a psychologist when I was young but never pursued it even though psychology has remained an interest, partly because it teaches you how to understand people and why they do what they do. He's every bit what I would have liked to be as a psychologist. The moment she started railing in on him, he said he sat back and started analyzing her as a person and her personality. He said SHE wasn't interviewing him, a PERSONA of her's was and it was very insincere. It was the type that, if you engaged it in its own argument, you lose no matter what. So he never engaged her the way she was trying to lure him to do. That's how he won that interrogation.

I've been following him ever since and am amazed every time I see him speak about something. I do not agree with absolutely everything he says, but I like the way his mind works and I share many of his values and outlooks. He is a consummate teacher.

Thanks for letting people know about him here, guys!

I like Jordan Peterson's ideas, and I like hearing him speak on Podcasts etc, but MAN that book could have done with a better editor. It's written nearly identically to how he speaks, which means what could be expressed in a page tends to take about six. I had to give up on it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    I like Jordan Peterson's ideas, and I like hearing him speak on Podcasts etc, but MAN that book could have done with a better editor. It's written nearly identically to how he speaks, which means what could be expressed in a page tends to take about six. I had to give up on it in the end.
    YES!! I thought it was just me!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by gadders View Post
    I wish I had read this post before I bought the book yesterday...

I'll still read it, but now I'm wondering if I should have just bought the audible version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast