starting strength gym

Thread: Wrist rap/support or not

Default Wrist rap/support or not

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have a question regarding wrist supports. Im 10 weeks roughly into SS, before that I goofed around on a standard fbody workout routine for a month or so. Im progressing at a decent level, maybe a little to fast on Bench. Im short torsoed, and short armed, so it increased quickly in the beginning. 1 to 2 weeks ago on a 240 3x5 attempt my wrist jerked forward slightly coming up, no pain or anything and I corrected quickly finished the rep but not the set. Now everytime im at my 3rd or 4th rep on this weight and things get tough, i rerack maybe a little to early. I can feel my wrist shaking some. Is this normal for LP? Should i explore a wrist support? Or am I just to green for something like that and should I just consider a reset and work back up?

Beginning to present stats
    Weight : 280 --> 270
    6'0
    5rm
    Bench : 140 -> 240
    Squat : 175 --> 300
    DL : 195 --> 345
    Program : follow the program, swapped Chins in for PC. May throw in a extra set of dips on press day, or a row or pulldown accesory on Deadlift day from time to time.
    Diet: Maintenance or a little more now

Im a Big fan, and your times greatly appreciated.

Thanks

It's not normal. I've never used them. But if you think they will help, try them. I think you just learn to keep your grip still by thinking about squeezing harder.