starting strength gym

Thread: The Problem wiith Exercise Science

Default The Problem wiith Exercise Science

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey Rip,

I listened to your audio article on the Problem with Exercise Science. You aren't afraid to call out bullshit when you see it and I couldn't agree with you more about the fact that the "Exercise Science" industry is a tragic embarrassment.

I do have to point out, however, that as an Exercise Science Graduate I was actually introduced to you and your concepts through a course I took in college. The Professor, Dr. Rebecca Kudrna, actually taught us how to perform the lifts and some basic programming. I think you might remember her.

I have to say, being introduced to your approach to training changed the course of my life and now I hope to change many people's lives with this method. It was one of the final courses I took in my 4 years at school and I can honestly say that I have gained more practical knowledge in 1 year since graduation through studying your books, attending a seminar last month, and beginning to train my own clients, than I learned in 4 years at school.

Even though I am far from becoming an SSC, it was Starting Strength that gave me the confidence to pursue a career as a Strength Coach. I don't know what the hell I would be doing if not for the discovery of this gold mine of literally life-saving and health-improving knowledge.

Hopefully more people begin to recognize the importance of this stuff like I did.

I appreciate the kind words, and tell Becky we all said hello. And as good an instructor as she is,

It was one of the final courses I took in my 4 years at school and I can honestly say that I have gained more practical knowledge in 1 year since graduation through studying your books, attending a seminar last month, and beginning to train my own clients, than I learned in 4 years at school.
    we hear this -- without exception -- from people who attend our seminars after an Exercise Science degree. There are profound limitations in the way these degrees are administered, and this will not change anytime soon. You got lucky with her. Most don't.