starting strength gym

Thread: How long until I can squat

Default How long until I can squat

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Mark,

I had an accident while repairing some fencing on my property and ended up with a dozen staples on my scalp. The laceration was over 2 inches long. No broken bones, but a good deep puncture in one place.

For anyone interested, I was driving a t-post into the ground and the weighted post driver rebounded out of my hands and hit the top of my head.

How long should I wait to start squatting again?

Thanks,

Tom

This is Friday. Monday sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by tomskarda View Post
    Hi Mark,

I had an accident while repairing some fencing on my property and ended up with a dozen staples on my scalp. The laceration was over 2 inches long. No broken bones, but a good deep puncture in one place.

For anyone interested, I was driving a t-post into the ground and the weighted post driver rebounded out of my hands and hit the top of my head.

Thanks,

Tom
    Been there, done this. Gave myself a concussion and bleed like a pig. Glad you're ok to tell the story.

Quote Originally Posted by tomskarda View Post
    Hi Mark,

Thanks,

Tom
    Tom mate, hard hat next time.

Put the hard hat on before you get out of bed, don't take it off until you lay back down at night. A bloke never knows what can happen to him.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Put the hard hat on before you get out of bed, don't take it off until you lay back down at night. A bloke never knows what can happen to him.
    Yep. All roughnecks wear a tinny especially the tool pusher. I prefer the full brim type not those pissy brimless caps we were issued with.