starting strength gym
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Brits capable of embarrassment these days?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    You folk export it and we import because we are stupid as we fall over ourselves with US politics and politicians.
    God only knows why. I'd much prefer a good fist fight in Congress like your lot are prone to do in your Parliament. Perhaps we could take a page from your book.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyE View Post
    You're missing out some important context here - the burglar in question was a member of the travelling community (Irish gypsy if you prefer - if you're unaware of them, see Brad Pitt in Snatch). The floral tributes were placed there to intimidate the local community. The locals tore them down, only for the travellers to put them back up. The homeowner was questioned by police and released without charge.

So the actual story doesn't really match what the media reported. Fancy that.

He already had a suspended sentence for filming and broadcasting jurors and defendants while the case was live, in contempt of court. He was broadcasting inaccurate information that could have collapsed the very trial of the people he wanted convicted. He pleaded guilty (and he had appropriate legal representation, don't worry), and got the suspended sentence turned into a real one.

Tommy Robinson (or whatever his name is) is many things, but a martyr for freedom of speech isn't one of them. A fraudster and a thug, yes, but not a martyr.
    Sounds like things are well in hand. Carry on.

This just in: London cyclists too white, male and middle class, says capital's cycling chief in vow to tackle diversity 'problem' | The Independent

An obvious problem when you allow people to make their own decisions about transportation. So you guys are going to force minorities to ride bicycles now. Or maybe make white guys walk?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    God only knows why. I'd much prefer a good fist fight in Congress like your lot are prone to do in your Parliament. Perhaps we could take a page from your book.
    Not sure about the fist fights, but they tear each other apart verbally under parliamentary privilege. Conservative politics in Australia is hanging by a thread, one seat majority over labor (Democrats to you) mainly because they have been ratted out by insiders who are more interested in joining the global community rather than looking after the interests of Australia.

I would invite you over here, but I think you would find the political correctness stifling.

Change the date? The arguments for and against Australia Day - CNN

Not sure about the fist fights, but they tear each other apart verbally under parliamentary privilege. Conservative politics in Australia is hanging by a thread, one seat majority over labor (Democrats to you) mainly because they have been ratted out by insiders who are more interested in joining the global community rather than looking after the interests of Australia.

I would invite you over here, but I think you would find the political correctness stifling.

This is the incident I was referring to. Australian politicians meeting ends in 'fist fight' - Telegraph

Oz sounds nice. But, I have to say, as fucked up as Illinois is politically, the good folks South of I-64 generally have their heads screwed on straight. Even most of the dems. So thanks for the invite, but I'll hang around here and stay in the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

An obvious problem when you allow people to make their own decisions about transportation. So you guys are going to force minorities to ride bicycles now. Or maybe make white guys walk?
    Imagine what could be done with the resources wasted on crap like this.

We all have that one coworker who spends most of the day on a trivial task to avoid the hard work, I feel Governments do this exact thing.

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    AND, what does it take to be a cop in the UK these days?
    from this video it appears there is no need to study law at all because your boss makes them up as he / she goes.

I don't know about hanging by a thread, there is still a pretty big conservative movement in australia and the fringe parties like one nation, liberal dems and cory bernardi should maintain a balance of power that stops the lefties from passing anything that is too crazy.

You know if the labor party (our version of the democrats) win the next federal election that they will be going after freedom of speech, implementing hate speech laws and doing silly shit like canada and the uk are doing, as well as hiking up our taxes which are already too high. Next election is will tell a big tale about the future of australia for the next few decades. I'm getting ready to offshore my company and possibly myself if labor win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    This is the incident I was referring to. Australian politicians meeting ends in 'fist fight' - Telegraph

Oz sounds nice. But, I have to say, as fucked up as Illinois is politically, the good folks South of I-64 generally have their heads screwed on straight. Even most of the dems. So thanks for the invite, but I'll hang around here and stay in the woods.
    Our conservatives have chucked the towel in. This bloke below was the deputy prime minister until he shacked up with one of his employees.

Barnaby Joyce interview: Politician breaks silence on interview controversy

Although your ex Secretary of State was getting $200 Aus per ticket for those who wanted to hear her bag your new president. Maybe there is a few good men left or women.

So what is the best state that is left in the Union that is politically correct free, warm and has no snow or tornado's?

Hang on a minute, this is all a mixture of hyperbole mixed with a bit of fact.

Guns aren't banned. You can own one with a strict licence and a gun cabinet. They require regular visits by plod and the owners will be first on the list at any nearby shooting incident. You can't legally carry and you can't just walk into a gun shop-yes we have some-pick one up and be on your way. You can own high powered hunting rifles, handguns, shotguns but not full auto.

We have had frequent attempts at silly amnesties for knives and guns because the Government hasn't got bobbies on the beat, they swan around in cars mostly and get snarled up with paperwork and community concerns-so it likes to offer pragmatic solutions which look nice but do little.

The spoon thing might have been a one off. Knives and glue they certainly don't allow children to buy without supervision.

Tommy Robinson is a racist. He has every right to be a racist, but he doesn't have the right to stand outside a court calling the accused 'paedophiles' before they are judged. We still have innocent until proven guilty sometimes. Robinson already had form and had a 3 month suspended sentence for the same thing. That said, the Police/authorities made a pigs ear of it and have likely made him a martyr on the level of the guy standing in front of the tank in China. I won't matter what he did, but that it was hidden.

Man who was burgled and killed the burglar-that's true. He had to be arrested because that's the law when there is a violent death. The gypsies are a law unto themselves and the Police are frightened to get involved because 1. These people retaliate and have a mafia like code 2. The lefties scream blue murder about race oppression and human rights.

That said. It is getting worse in all kinds of ways, but it's certainly not as bad as its painted with these odd incicidents.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyE View Post
    You're missing out some important context here - the burglar in question was a member of the travelling community (Irish gypsy if you prefer - if you're unaware of them, see Brad Pitt in Snatch). The floral tributes were placed there to intimidate the local community. The locals tore them down, only for the travellers to put them back up. The homeowner was questioned by police and released without charge.
    That's not very important context though is it? Cunt (armed) got stabbbed when breaking into a 78 year old man's house. Cunt died. Some other cunts then left tributes to the burglar. The ethnic background isn't the issue here, it's the cuntishness of the behaviour.

Yeah daughter of the burglar left a note saying that her dad was a good person. Nope. Your dad is (was) a cunt, and you're a cunt in the making.

This post was brought to you by SNATCH.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Tommy Robinson is a racist. He has every right to be a racist, but he doesn't have the right to stand outside a court calling the accused 'paedophiles' before they are judged.
    Before they are sentenced. They had already been judged. You people appear to have a serious problem, and figuring out ways to make it not appear serious is a thing you Europeans have done several times. But hey, carry on.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast