starting strength gym
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Brits capable of embarrassment these days?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris McCarthy View Post
    Frankly - as a Brit - I'm quite happy to accept a Knife Problem if it means we don't have a Gun Problem.
    "I'm quite happy to eat my steak with my hands if it means we don't have a knife problem."

"I'm quite happy to eat grass instead of steak if it means we don't have a global warming problem."

"I'm quite happy to just kill myself if it means a less privileged 3rd world refugee can come to my country and rape children."

Remember when the British (all of Europe) had balls? It can't have been that long ago.

Chris, if someone repeatedly raped your daughter, what would you do?

Frankly - as a Brit - I'm quite happy to accept a Knife Problem if it means we don't have a Gun Problem.
    What a curious statement. Was this meant to imply that you’d rather be murdered by a knife than by a gun?

I’m inferring that because the evidence here suggests that a shift from gun to knife violence doesn’t seem to lower homicide rates (and may even increase them):

London murder rate higher than New York City for first time ever in March amid surging knife and gun crime - CBS News

On a lighter note this was quite funny

YouTube

The issue is always going to be the people, not the guns, not the knives. Other than mental issues, could the violence just be down to people weighing the pro's and con's of the penalty for getting caught? Shouldn't the solution be stiffer penalties and less tolerance? You know, make it a deterrent. Just thinking aloud, I have no solution.

If someone wants to hurt someone they will. Gun, knife, brick, pipe, cant ban everything.
    The good news is you expect it, here you assume everyone has a gun. Back home I remember passing someone on a secluded path, I was paying close attention waiting for a knife to be pulled, funny thing is he probably was thinking the same lol

I hope Britexit restores the country because it's pretty soft right now. Sad thing is Britain and the US follow a lot of the same trends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Politely ask the rapist to stop. Can't hurt his feelings, after all. He is a victim of society, poor thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bracemaker View Post
    "I'm quite happy to eat my steak with my hands if it means we don't have a knife problem."

"I'm quite happy to eat grass instead of steak if it means we don't have a global warming problem."

"I'm quite happy to just kill myself if it means a less privileged 3rd world refugee can come to my country and rape children."

Remember when the British (all of Europe) had balls? It can't have been that long ago.
    What? You've lost me.

I'd very likely torture and then eventually murder that individual...not sure what that has to do with a having Knives and not Guns?

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

UK woman jailed for 20 weeks for posting on social media that the holocaust didn't happen.

She also posted this on gab.ai (a free speech version of twitter) and when they were contacted to take down her material this happened:

Gab: The Free Speech Social Network on Twitter: "Eat shit part 2… "

I'd very likely torture and then eventually murder that individual...not sure what that has to do with a having Knives and not Guns?
    How would you kill him?

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    What a curious statement. Was this meant to imply that you’d rather be murdered by a knife than by a gun?

I’m inferring that because the evidence here suggests that a shift from gun to knife violence doesn’t seem to lower homicide rates (and may even increase them):

London murder rate higher than New York City for first time ever in March amid surging knife and gun crime - CBS News
    I'd rather be murdered by Shakira via Coitus...nonetheless, I'd rather have a Knife pulled me than a Gun and Yes, I have been around both.

How would you kill him?
    Well, I wouldn't fucking shoot them.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnStrangeway View Post
    On a lighter note this was quite funny

YouTube

The issue is always going to be the people, not the guns, not the knives. Other than mental issues, could the violence just be down to people weighing the pro's and con's of the penalty for getting caught? Shouldn't the solution be stiffer penalties and less tolerance? You know, make it a deterrent. Just thinking aloud, I have no solution.

If someone wants to hurt someone they will. Gun, knife, brick, pipe, cant ban everything.
    The good news is you expect it, here you assume everyone has a gun. Back home I remember passing someone on a secluded path, I was paying close attention waiting for a knife to be pulled, funny thing is he probably was thinking the same lol

I hope Britexit restores the country because it's pretty soft right now. Sad thing is Britain and the US follow a lot of the same trends.
    You're obviously correct on the stiffer penalties and less tolerance notion. I have experience in the forensic detainment field, albeit in a psychiatric hospital as opposed to a prison although it still receives a lot of prison transfers. Talking with some of the "career criminals", it's very apparent that life is much more stable and structured in comparison to their home lives. They are well fed and provided benefit money to spend on whatever they wish, occasionally spending in the £100's in clothes because it's all disposable income and there is no real value in money when it is simply handed to you. Prison is often a better life than being at home or on the streets; I'm all for rehab and getting offenders back in to the community through upskilling and trainiing (which I believe some of the scandanavian countries do quite well) but usually it's just a form of free housing and food. It's a very sorry society that allows a supposed crime deterrent to be a more enjoyable home.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast