starting strength gym
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Are the Brits capable of embarrassment these days?

First they banned firearms, now they are after knives. I wonder what is next on their list?

"No excuses: there is never a reason to carry a knife. Anyone who does will be caught, and they will feel the full force of the law," London's Mayor Sadiq Khan tweeted on April 8.

British Politicians Declare War on Knives - Reason.com

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    First they banned firearms, now they are after knives. I wonder what is next on their list?
    Spoons, obviously...

A 16-year-old boy was told he was too young to buy a pack of teaspoons by a supermarket in Lancashire.

And what business does a child have with a spoon anyway? Absolutely unnecessary, and I applaud the courage it takes to face this obvious problem head-on.

...What is the official stance on chopsticks? On one hand they come to a rather sharp point and are dangerous. On the other hand, it would be racial discrimination to restrict their use. On the face of it their use by a Brit could be considered cultural appropriation and thus should result in jailing for racially offensive expression.

AND, what does it take to be a cop in the UK these days?

The majority of the stabbjngs are localised to parts of London, you just can't discuss the demographics involved.

We were in the bizarre situation a month or so back where a burglar was killed by the home owner (an elderly gentleman who cared for his elderly wife) which resulted in the street on which the incident took place being semi-besieged by people laying floral tributes.... TO THE FUCKING BURGLAR.

It's fairly embarrassing. Still, been ages since a mass shooting, which is the only shitty card we have left to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Longley View Post
    We were in the bizarre situation a month or so back where a burglar was killed by the home owner (an elderly gentleman who cared for his elderly wife) which resulted in the street on which the incident took place being semi-besieged by people laying floral tributes.... TO THE FUCKING BURGLAR.
    This isn’t an Onion story?

Does anyone see these civilians rallying to save the day off Dunkirk? The cuisine may not have been the most appetizing but they were once a great people.

You didn't see that?

Access Denied

starting strength coach development program
    They always do periodically do knife amnesties. These even go as far as to affect martial artists who use swords as part of their training, they were trying to ban swords around 1990 odd IIRC.

True, I never worried about being shot while I grew up there but stabbings were common and was a worry at times. Whatever. If someone is going to hurt/kill someone they will find a way. No knife handy? what about smacking them with a brick outside of the pub? Now we have to have the city responsible for removing rubble and stones, anyone caught hoarding bricks will be prosecuted. Construction firms can apply for a brick licence. Yay we all love licencing lol

I Think this is just the UK's version of the gun debate in the US. We don't have a lot of gun issues in the UK so it moves down to bitching about the knives. Someone is always going to bitch about something they think is "dangerous". Although true you don't need to be walking around with a kitchen knife.

I left the UK in 2000 immigrating to the US because of an opportunity but an English friend of mine is done with the UK and all of the BS, he's is moving his family to Canada this year. It's sad to say but it has gone to shit, English is a second language in a lot more places now. They really need to take the country back. My family that is still over there hate it, reverse discrimination to the natural born citizens and how its ran as a whole.

"AND, what does it take to be a cop in the UK these days?" Guts and lots of them!!

YouTube

P.S tasers are not great.
    P.P.S Glad I wasn't walking up the stairs at 5:05

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast