starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Motivation

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by wal View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but California has a lot of pine growing around the state, yes? Here where pine has never grown over the years due to the high demand for framing timber huge pine plantations have sprung up. In the late winter early spring you can see in some areas yellow dust blowing out from these plantations. Pine pollen irritates certain folk, we now have the highest instance of seasonal asthma then anywhere in Australia, may not be the cause, but it is curious.

In regard to flu shots here they have run out due to the high demand, over 65 and the injection is free, a broad spectrum type, however it will not cover all strains. All the hospitals, old folks homes, Dr surgeries have at the front doors anti viral hand wash.

When I was a kid we ate dirt played with all the sick kids at school and we caught all the regular diseases, but now parents try to keep kids in a germ free environment and wipe their hands with Dettol all the time and try to make the home germ free and then they wonder why the kids have no immunity. The hospitals are battling golden staph because we keep pumping antibiotics into everybody for such things as a cold, its crazy.

Hope you get well soon.
    I missed this until now. I don't live in CA any more, I retired in Southern Illinois. But, there are lots of pine and all manner of other trees here on the verges of the Shawnee National Forest.

My shot was free too since I'm an old fart. Thanks for the good wishes, but I am just fine.

I saw this on the internet somewhere, and it stuck with me, (paraphrased) "You won't always be motivated; you must learn to be disciplined."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    I missed this until now. I don't live in CA any more, I retired in Southern Illinois. But, there are lots of pine and all manner of other trees here on the verges of the Shawnee National Forest.

My shot was free too since I'm an old fart. Thanks for the good wishes, but I am just fine.
    Well I suppose it is as good as anywhere else. I would like to retire over on the West coast of W.A. half way up the state, winter is 22'C+ mid winter, no more of this flaming cold weather I get here. Today I tried to make an attempt at 140Kg dead lift, could only get 138kg's, The cold freezes the plates to the floor, I could only get the bar off the ground once I heated it up with the oxy.

Illinois is full of French speaking folk so do you need to speak French like those folk up there in Quebec? And you would be near Carbondale I guess, now that is an interesting place, should it not be called "Carbonfree" in this politically correct society we live in these days? Ha!

Plenty of rivers up your way, good fishing, enjoy your retirement.

Motivation < Disciplne.

motivated people go to the gym on January 3rd because of their New Years Resolution. disciplined people are in the gym on July 5th, nursing a hangover, and doing their fives because that’s what day it is.

Quote Originally Posted by I_iz_a_fatass View Post
    Motivation < Disciplne.

motivated people go to the gym on January 3rd because of their New Years Resolution.
    Ah yes, the Resolutionary lemmings. Gone by mid-February and then back again in late April or early May because the beach is calling them.

The best use of motivation is to build constructive habits.
    Building a set of constructive habits is the essence of discipline.

Discipline is reliable. Motivation is something of a weather vane.

But do not ignore motivation, find things that motivate you and seek them out in a disciplined fashion.
    For an example, look at Meshuggah's posts on the topic. He is relentless, and his posts great motivation band-aids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark E. Hurling View Post
    Ah yes, the Resolutionary lemmings. Gone by mid-February and then back again in late April or early May because the beach is calling them.
    You've seen this series of comics, right?

B1LWylq.jpg

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by coleossus View Post
    You've seen this series of comics, right?

B1LWylq.jpg
    I had not. That said, my impoverished daughter did hand craft a DYEL t-shirt for me a few years ago for my birthday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234