Quote Originally Posted by mitchless View Post
As with AirBnB, HomeAway, VRBO, Uber, Lyft, etc. the brand doesn't own any of the real estate. They're just the service that connects lifter and gym. The owner of the garage gym would bear all the liability. One could probably raise a few million dollars on this idea, get some solid early revenue with a basic app/website, then sell out before things get sticky.
Even so, would you rent your garage gym to any yahoo off the street, give how prone people are to sue when something happens? Maybe the platform itself involves some level of insurance by taking a little piece of each transaction?

I mean, e.g., if you get hurt in someone's Uber car, who is responsible for paying your medical bills, assuming the driver is at fault? Could it be his/her personal automobile insurance? I seriously doubt the insurance company would cover commercial use of the car. Do they buy the same insurance a taxi buys? Does the Uber platform itself offer insurance through the service for its drivers? I'm sure these things have been figured out, but I don't know how it works.

Anyway, let me know when someone is ready for partners or investors. I've got 22 years experience in the software business. I like the idea! ... Actually, I'm probably too lazy for this.

-Andrew