starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cervical Radiculopathy - No Pain but Severe Weakness in Triceps and Lats (with video)

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    ... private imaging centers were acceptable.
    Upon further research, I discovered that one of the new imaging centers around here have the "latest" gear (DirectClinic). The only detail I could get on that was it includes a 3 Tesla magnet, which equals or exceeds most community hospital magnets (research institutes can have much crazy-strong magnets which can lift a 60 ton tank). Then I asked them if there was anything the machine operators could do during the collection which would affect the quality of the final imagery, and they said "no". Hm. Ok. (Obvs I was delicately asking about their competence.)

And to continue the anecdote, same colleague I mentioned earlier said the MRI facilities at a hospital he used once appeared dated. Their monitor bank broke down during his session, which consequently dragged on for a couple of hours. Fortunately, he is not claustrophobic.

Then I asked them if there was anything the machine operators could do during the collection which would affect the quality of the final imagery, and they said "no". Hm. Ok. (Obvs I was delicately asking about their competence.)
    He should have said that the best thing to improve the quality of the image is for you to be very still during the session. Even an older machine will produce a very useful diagnostic image if you cooperate this way.

Upon further research, I discovered that one of the new imaging centers around here have the "latest" gear (DirectClinic). The only detail I could get on that was it includes a 3 Tesla magnet, which equals or exceeds most community hospital magnets (research institutes can have much crazy-strong magnets which can lift a 60 ton tank).
    A medical MRI magnet strong enough to lift a tank? That seems unlikely. They are strong though. Here is an entry I wrote in a blog I kept for my residents and med students when I taught at UCLA:

California Medicine Man: MRI's and Demons of the Night

The second story I related in this post occurred at a time when MRI magnets were about a tenth as strong as they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    A medical MRI magnet strong enough to lift a tank? That seems unlikely. They are strong though. Here is an entry I wrote in a blog I kept for my residents and med students when I taught at UCLA:

California Medicine Man: MRI's and Demons of the Night

The second story I related in this post occurred at a time when MRI magnets were about a tenth as strong as they are now.
    Excellent.

Perhaps the beast referred to in the article (circa 2015?) linked below was never completed.

The World's Most Powerful MRI Takes Shape - IEEE Spectrum

Excellent.

Perhaps the beast referred to in the article (circa 2015?) linked below was never completed.

The World's Most Powerful MRI Takes Shape - IEEE Spectrum
    I hope the parking lot is kind of far from this machine.

What would this do to a cell phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Give it super powers? X-ray vision?

Convert it entirely into Higgs bosons.

It may not lift up it at all, there is very little metal/iron in cell phones these days.

/s

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JFord View Post
    I hope the parking lot is kind of far from this machine.
    The company made another 58 km for two secondary coils, which will produce an opposing magnetic field to shield the area outside the machine from stray magnetic fields.

Perhaps it gets capped off.

Do conventional MRIs try to contain the field like this?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast