Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
Birch plywood is not a good idea. Looks nice, but they design the stuff for making cabinets, not load-bearing, and they don't fill the voids in the plies like they do with AB plywood. It doesn't take long for cave-ins to appear on the surface. I know this to be true.
That's valuable advice. Thanks Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Thibaudeau View Post
Rogue already make a set for their squat racks, would need to be modified to work with a 2x3 or 3x3 post:

Squat Stand Wheel Bracket Set | Rogue Fitness
That's an interesting idea. I get what they are doing. You tilt the rack and the wheels make contact. Without the tilt it is perfectly stable on the ground.

Something to think about. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryLohkamp View Post
My milling machine is on wheels that can be retracted when it isn't being moved.
I have two milling machines. One sits off the ground on solid blocks. The other one (a much larger CNC machining center) sits on six very heavy duty adjustable feet. They are probably rated at 10,000 lbs each.

I have machinery moving skates that can move both of them. You just lift them with a huge machinery moving prybar (here's an example: Hand Trucks & Dollies | Dollies-Lever & Pry Bars | Vestil Lever Dolly Pry Bar PLB-6 - 6'L Wood Handle 4250 Lb. Capacity | 271462 - GlobalIndustrial.com) and you can move it anywhere.

That said, I am still considering the idea. Nothing in the backyard is level due to grading for drainage. Which means that moving the setup would be a pain because you'd have to re-level it every time you put it down. So, definitely not an every day thing.

Maybe I'll make a custom attachment to turn it into a bar during backyard gatherings and just leave it where it lives. Who could argue with that?