starting strength gym

Thread: Rip: Tactile Cues and Coaching: You MUST Touch Your Trainees

Default Rip: Tactile Cues and Coaching: You MUST Touch Your Trainees

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024

Not to de-rail the thread too early on, but this reminded me of all the younger physicians I've seen over the years who refuse to lay hands on me as a patient. They just ask questions about symptoms. The old guys never have a problem doing this. Guess it's a generational thing?

Some tactile cues to the lumbar erectors were what helped me learn how to get my back tight(er) on the deadlift.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Not to de-rail the thread too early on
    Not to derail it even further, but the eagerness of some basketcases to sue doctors may be more responsible than a simple generational shift would suggest. I only had to google "sueing doctor for touching patient" to find numerous stories about both warranted and unwarranted allegations of sexual harassment/assault in a doctor-patient setting. I can understand if some doctors are a little more cautious and reserved given this. Shit, I wouldn't want to go to school for 7 years and then get sued for doing my job properly afterwards either.

Rip, himself, has had a slightly similar experience when he cued a trainee physically and she later complained about this. Not to bring on the rainbow-haired scare or anything, but I can understand if some people say they're a little on edge where physical contact is concerned.

Now to rerail the thread: I whole-heartedly agree that tactile cues make tonnes of sense. I wasn't prepared to see just how far this should go, though, as with the lifter and coach in the first example. I guess I have to step up my game and, uh, get in there. Cool article and video.