starting strength gym

Thread: Results of My Physical, 52 Year Old Trainee, Two Issues

Default Results of My Physical, 52 Year Old Trainee, Two Issues

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Coach,
    Would like your two cents on these. I just had a physical. My MD is a great guy, my age, and a former power lifter. He knows the program. Even though I feel great, I scheduled the physical primarily for the blood work, more early detection than anything. Two things came of it based on the blood work and urinalysis. I know you are not a doctor, so no preface necessary on your answer.

1) High Vitamin D count: asked if I spent a lot of time in the sun. I stay out of it and use sunscreen when needed. I do, however, drink my fair share of whole milk, sort of a modified half GOMAD. (I am stuck at 185 lbs and wont rest until I am 200). I assume the high Vitamin D count is from the milk, but is half GOMAD a likely contributing factor? He also said it is not a bad thing.

2. Blood in the urine: Low level hematuria, required me to pee in another cup to test again. He said because my father had prostate cancer he is ordering another test (sounds reasonable). But he also said based on my build it is probably from exercise, which my half assed google search suggests is possible.

Your thoughts? Are these common for high intake of whole milk and moderate to heavy strength training?

Thanks.

The D is not something I've ever seen on a test. Why was it pulled? And the hematuria needs to be followed up.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    Low level hematuria

Conventional investigation is : urinary cytology x 3, CT urography, cystoscopy.