starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh, Mark thought you might want to see this ...

Default Uh oh, Mark thought you might want to see this ...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This guy lost 80lbs while lifting with your methods:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/transm101.htm

Different strokes for different folks, huh?

Best,
    Flux

People creating their own workouts and referring to them as "Rippetoes" is a problem at bodybuilding.com.

At 6' 136 lbs. he's a nasty little fuck. Not my program, certainly not my idea.

Sheesh, that's certainly an instance where the 'before' picture looks much better than the 'after'.

That might be the most bastardized version of SS I've ever seen. Its a shame that other lifters will probably copy that very routine thinking they are on SS without ever purchasing the actual text. Shows you how knowledgable the moderators are over there when they let shit like that pass.

Hi, My name is Jamie, and I modified Rip's novice program. I added in some ring dip work and chins on off days.

But this program, what the hell? No chins, but there are curls, calf raises, and upright rows but no PCs? This bastardized version belongs in Men's Health.

But the biggest gripe I have (well on par with the lack of cleans) is the description of the exercises linked in the article. Look at the grip on the squat, the depth is too high, Head placement is wrong and they used the California grip for front squats. Bench press says to keep your back flat (though they do get points for telling you to wrap your thumb around the bar).

But we all know this, they don't over at BB. So yeah, it sucks, but whats it going to change if we talk about it.

Its absolutely horrible how badly people bastardize SS. Its not too bad when its just one individual who modifies the program to their satisfaction but when people do 'write ups' it often pisses me off. Most of them are poorly done and give the reader the wrong idea about the program and the suggested form. Just take a look at the write up off of that guys transformation page, it full out contradicts SS.

That's nothin'. Look at this:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw52.htm

Not only does it butcher the original workout, it individually massacres every exercise included. The powerclean video is especially devastating... hell they're all equally disgraceful. And the entire context of the "article" is laughable; "What is the Best Rippetoe Workout." I'd sue their asses for defamation and copyright infringement. Especially since they're using it as a springboard to sell their goddamn supplements.

<<breathes>>

And it says this: "Rippetoe himself published this book in the 70's after years of coaching experience."

OMFG.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    And it says this: "Rippetoe himself published this book in the 70's after years of coaching experience."

OMFG.
    We all knew you were getting up there in years, but damn....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast