starting strength gym

Thread: Many Thanks!!

Default Many Thanks!!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I want to thank you Rippetoe and all who endeavor to help you get the information on proper training to us. Today at age 41 I finished my fifth week on the program and I'm excited. I started as very skinny fat at 6'2" 247 with chicken legs and spaghetti arms along with a huge gut. I've got the second edition of starting strength and PPST. I've gone up on all the lifts every workout and not missed any workouts. I'm only down a few pounds but that's not the main goal. I do see differences in my build already. I also wonder how you all keep from losing it with all the stuff I see in my tiny gym I go to. It's got all the machines you so love and one little corner where I can do the program. I constantly see the guys doing 3-5 inch deep squats on the smith machine and guys with fairly large upper bodies and legs worse than mine. What keeps you motivated to teach with all that lunacy going on?

Quote Originally Posted by ctincher View Post
    What keeps you motivated to teach with all that lunacy going on?
    Guys like you. Why are you reading the 2nd edition? It's 10 years obsolete.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Guys like you. Why are you reading the 2nd edition? It's 10 years obsolete.
    I must confess I got them right before the 3rd edition came out and never used it... I was doing CrossFit with my brother and discovered your books and site then moved and stopped whatever that is, exercise I guess, and kept getting fatter until I grabbed them off the shelf a few weeks ago and convinced my wife we needed to do something before it was too late.