starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warm Ups for old guy

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    My question is what are all these old assholes (Myself included - hit 50 this year) doing squatting 300 lbs and beyond? We are supposed to be shuffleboarding, walking with a purpose and finding a suitable new community to atrophy. Arrogant, muleheaded strength minded fuckers. . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    I know this is a bot of a repetitive inquiry, but Im wondering if Im doing too many squat warmups. Age 48, ht 6'4", weight 278, carnivore, goddam sexual tyranosaurus:

No jogging, biking, foam rolling or pre-workout jelquing

EB x 5
    135 x 5
    225 x3
    275 x 2
    315 x 1
    365 x 1
    405 x 1
    425 x 3,3,3 (work sets)
    Warm-up for me as above. I've significantly pared down my warm ups as the weight has moved up because i felt fine during my first working set, but struggled through the other sets.

The sexual tyrannosaurus and "pre workout jelquing" are hilarious additions to this post. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Morris View Post
    Warm-up for me as above. I've significantly pared down my warm ups as the weight has moved up because i felt fine during my first working set, but struggled through the other sets.

The sexual tyrannosaurus and "pre workout jelquing" are hilarious additions to this post. Well done.
    Its strange. I feel like I need a lot of warmups because my first set of three is harder than my last set of three, wherein sometimes I can get 4 or 5.

Nobody else gets my humor.

Quote Originally Posted by FatButWeak View Post
    Its strange. I feel like I need a lot of warmups because my first set of three is harder than my last set of three, wherein sometimes I can get 4 or 5.
    So do extended warmups make your first set easier?

I often experience the first set a particular challenge, as do others, if I'm correctly recalling posts on this board.

Perhaps no warmup configuration can prepare you for that first work set like that first work set can prepare you for the rest.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Jones View Post
    My question is what are all these old assholes (Myself included - hit 50 this year) doing squatting 300 lbs and beyond? We are supposed to be shuffleboarding, walking with a purpose and finding a suitable new community to atrophy. Arrogant, muleheaded strength minded fuckers. . . . . .
    You are like Abraham to us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12