starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip and running?

Default Rip and running?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I hear that Rip isn't big on running and instead just wants trainees to focus on lifting weights. But if you don't mind me asking what's the point of being good at heavy lifting if you can't even run for 5 minutes? That's why go running in addition to Starting Strength, C25K and C210K are both good programmes for increasing your running distance.

If no running then Rip's coaching methods could be parodied in a Rocky-style training montage. Imagine a montage of Rip training someone, gradually lifting more weight, training them to consume shitloads of food (Rip timing it with a stopwatch), and the trainee's progression of growing a beer gut throughout the montage, with the Rocky music playing throughout. LMAO.

Sorry Rip, what's your take on aerobic fitness?

Do you actually know somebody who lifts heavy that cannot run 5 minutes? What is the name of this straw man?

Hey Rip,

I managed to both PR my mile-time and fail at getting a hyooge belly from LP, thereby fucking up your program (where our cardio goes to shit and our belly explodes from all that milk). What gives?

You obviously did not DTFP.

I used to be a triathlete. My best 5K before SS was around 23 minutes. After stopping running and going through LP I ran a sub 22 minute 5K with absolutely no running prior. The only question I have is why was I ever a triathlete?

Quote Originally Posted by KrnxMan86 View Post
    I hear that Rip isn't big on running and instead just wants trainees to focus on lifting weights. But if you don't mind me asking what's the point of being good at heavy lifting if you can't even run for 5 minutes?
    These are not mutually exclusive. What makes you believe they are?

He is a troll. Trolls don't believe anything.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Do you actually know somebody who lifts heavy that cannot run 5 minutes? What is the name of this straw man?
    What do you mean Rip? Are you saying that if someone can lift heavy it automatically ups their running distance?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast