starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Globo Gym Mirror Observation

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Been View Post
    Another possibility is non-marring, reusable poster hanging putty plus a towel.
    I recommend the Paul Horn poster for this purpose. Mt focal point for the press in my home gym is the phrase “when life kicks you off n the nuts.” Seems appropriate.

Is a home gym not an option? Seriously, they are the best. Well worth the investment.

My wife and I are looking at moving soon, and one of my primary criteria in a house is a garage big enough for a gym. I refuse anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Schexnayder View Post
    Is a home gym not an option? Seriously, they are the best. Well worth the investment.

My wife and I are looking at moving soon, and one of my primary criteria in a house is a garage big enough for a gym. I refuse anything else.
    A big garage for my home gym was the main reason I bought my house, haha. The problem with a big home gym though, is that you can fit a lot of stuff, and what started as a budget gym has now escalated into embarrassing numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeWasHere View Post
    My hack (honestly stolen from my SSC) for this exact situation is to take a band and wrap around the the pegs that hold the plates around eye level and then hang a towel from the band. Blocks the mirror and gives you something to stare at.
    Damn this is great idea. My gym only has squat stands and no full racks, plus they put them right against the mirrors. This sounds perfect, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Espen Lund View Post
    A big garage for my home gym was the main reason I bought my house, haha.
    I'm looking forward to having a home gym again, once I move house. That said I currently train in a commercial facility with its fair share of idiots but I have met a few like minded lifter, had good, albeit brief, chats with them and learned a thing or two. That out weighs the downside for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rudd View Post
    I'm looking forward to having a home gym again, once I move house. That said I currently train in a commercial facility with its fair share of idiots but I have met a few like minded lifter, had good, albeit brief, chats with them and learned a thing or two. That out weighs the downside for me.
    Sadly, even with all the commercial gyms I've been to, I've never met these people. So, a lifting hermit I remain.

starting strength coach development program
    Can you not just move the hooks to the other side of the rack so as not to face the mirror? I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions, but every "full" rack I've ever lifted in was reversible; that's what I do when facing a mirror.

If it's a half rack, then you're out of luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12